Notices
C3 Parts for Sale/Wanted C3 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wanted: 4 port heater control vacuum valve

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2013, 04:26 PM
$tingray
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Wanted: 4 port heater control vacuum valve

In desperate need of a non-leaking heater control vacuum port for a non-air 1970 corvette. It is the 4 port vacuum control that mounts on the driver’s side of the heater control panel.
I tried a little oil to reseal and also tried some thin shims under the flat rectangular clip on the back side to try to tighten it up, but it still leaks. Apparently this part is not reproduced. Does anyone know where I can get my hands on a good one immediately? They do reproduce the 9 port for an air conditioned car that mounts on the driver’s side. Can this one be made to work on a non-air car? Does anyone have any other ideas?
Old 09-22-2013, 10:37 AM
$tingray
Instructor

ttt
Old 09-22-2013, 02:32 PM
hipocars1
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

I have a '71 non A/C car with the same problem.
The 4 port diecast valve works ok in the "OFF" and "AIR" positions, but leaks vacuum in the "DEFOG" and "DE ICE" positions. I've also searched everywhere and no NOS or reproduction parts are available.
The only solution I found is when I contacted Old Air Products in Texas. They said they could rebuild the rotary valve for $47.50 plus shipping. I have not had my valve rebuilt yet. I've been trying to find a used part that I could take apart and see if I could rebuild it myself.
If you decide to use their service, post up your results if it was satisfactory. This part was used '69 to '76, so I'm sure we're not the only ones looking for a fix.
http://www.oldairproducts.com/catalog/

Old 09-22-2013, 10:25 PM
$tingray
Instructor

Will do hipocars1. I'm calling Old Air tomorrow.
I had a broken 3 port that I drilled out the rivet and found there is nothing inside. Just machined surfaces with a maize of slots and some kind of old dried out grease sealant. I can't see how they would seal to hold a vacuum. ????
More to come.

Get notified of new replies

To Wanted: 4 port heater control vacuum valve

Quick Reply: Wanted: 4 port heater control vacuum valve