Notices
C3 Parts for Sale/Wanted C3 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

72 door jamb windlace

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2014, 01:30 PM
MikeD72
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 72 door jamb windlace

Hello , I'm looking for a pair of door jamb windlace and can't seem to find it for sale on corvette websites . My vette never had them so Im not sure what material and what they look like but it looks like it's one peace that snaps into the door jamb grooves ??? Please lmk if they are replicas or other alternative . Thx
Old 08-12-2014, 03:50 PM
Alan 71
Team Owner

Received 2,878 Likes on 2,515 Posts

Hi Mike,
It's actually 2 pieces of metal trim per side that is painted to mach the exterior color.
They'r fastened to blind nuts in the quarter panel interior trim with small oval headed chrome plated screws.
Regards,
Alan

Old 08-12-2014, 04:50 PM
MikeD72
Advanced

Originally Posted by Alan 71
Hi Mike,
It's actually 2 pieces of metal trim per side that is painted to mach the exterior color.
They'r fastened to blind nuts in the quarter panel interior trim with small oval headed chrome plated screws.
Regards,
Alan

Hey Alan , that's the one !! Thx for the pics , where can I get it , is it called windlace or something else because can't find it for sale ?? Also right behind it behind the seat there is 2 bolt hole and a plastic velcrow in the middle of the bolt threads , I'm guessing it's for a upper seatbelt ?? By the way my is convertible don't know if that changes anything . Thx
Old 08-12-2014, 05:11 PM
Mashman
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

http://www.ebay.com/itm/C3-Corvette-Interior-Rear-Quarter-Panel-Retainer-Trim-Set-Coupe-1968-1977-x2070-/201031040938?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2ece623faa&vxp=mtr#ht_110wt_1124
Old 08-12-2014, 05:46 PM
MikeD72
Advanced

Originally Posted by Mashman
http://www.ebay.com/itm/C3-Corvette-Interior-Rear-Quarter-Panel-Retainer-Trim-Set-Coupe-1968-1977-x2070-/201031040938?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2ece623faa&vxp=mtr#ht_110wt_1124
Got it , thx !!
Also right behind the upper door jamb there is 2 bolt thread hole and a plastic velcrow in the middle of the bolt threads , I'm guessing it's for a upper seatbelt or maybe a trim cover ?? By the way my is convertible don't know if that changes anything . Th
Old 08-12-2014, 08:05 PM
ClassicGlass63
Instructor

Default A set

Did you find a set. I am cleaning out my attic of thirty years of Corvette parts.
I happen to run across a set out of a 69 I had a few years ago. At least I think they are out of that 69. Plus, there are a few more stray pieces other than that set.
If you are still interested in a set, PM me with your private e-mail andwe can take it from there.
If you need any other parts, let me know. I still have ten or fifteen more boxes to pull down on top of the ten I already have down.
Most parts are from 68-72 cars with some 63 stuff thrown in there.
Old 08-12-2014, 10:19 PM
ss396t6
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeD72
Hey Alan , that's the one !! Thx for the pics , where can I get it , is it called windlace or something else because can't find it for sale ?? Also right behind it behind the seat there is 2 bolt hole and a plastic velcrow in the middle of the bolt threads , I'm guessing it's for a upper seatbelt ?? By the way my is convertible don't know if that changes anything . Thx

They are called interior rear quarter trim retainers. The coupes and convertible upper two pieces are slightly different.
Old 08-13-2014, 11:55 AM
MikeD72
Advanced

Hey I'm so stupid those two hole at the back of the door jamb that have been driving me crazy for a day are for my soft top , I totally forgot that I removed the soft top and have been driving with the hardtop for so long that it completely escape me. Thx
Old 08-13-2014, 11:59 AM
MikeD72
Advanced

Originally Posted by ClassicGlass63
Did you find a set. I am cleaning out my attic of thirty years of Corvette parts.
I happen to run across a set out of a 69 I had a few years ago. At least I think they are out of that 69. Plus, there are a few more stray pieces other than that set.
If you are still interested in a set, PM me with your private e-mail andwe can take it from there.
If you need any other parts, let me know. I still have ten or fifteen more boxes to pull down on top of the ten I already have down.
Most parts are from 68-72 cars with some 63 stuff thrown in there.
Ok classicglass , I'm in need of a pair of a rear quarter panel trim and retainers and rear seatbelts for a 72 convertible ?? Thx
Old 08-15-2014, 08:25 AM
redrdstr72
Burning Brakes

Received 95 Likes on 66 Posts

Ok classicglass , I'm in need of a pair of a rear quarter panel trim and retainers and rear seat belts for a 72 convertible ?? Thx

Hi Mike. These are not easy parts to locate if looking for originals. I've seen only a few sets come up in the nearly 10 years I've been following this stuff. I

f it's originals you need, be patient and be willing to buy them individually as they come up. You can paint/dye them to your needed color, so don't be afraid to buy one that's not your color. If reproduction parts will suit your needs, most all the reproduction houses (many of them are sponsors here) have them available for you.

Hope this helps.
Old 08-15-2014, 10:01 AM
MikeD72
Advanced

Originally Posted by redrdstr72
Hi Mike. These are not easy parts to locate if looking for originals. I've seen only a few sets come up in the nearly 10 years I've been following this stuff. I

f it's originals you need, be patient and be willing to buy them individually as they come up. You can paint/dye them to your needed color, so don't be afraid to buy one that's not your color. If reproduction parts will suit your needs, most all the reproduction houses (many of them are sponsors here) have them available for you.

Hope this helps.
Thx for the info , I kind of figured that out when looking for them .Questions ; are the convertible ones different shape ??
Old 08-16-2014, 09:37 PM
redrdstr72
Burning Brakes

Received 95 Likes on 66 Posts

Thx for the info , I kind of figured that out when looking for them .Questions ; are the convertible ones different shape ??
Yes. In my experience, original coupe trim is easier to find than convertible.
Old 08-24-2014, 08:50 PM
BlownZ51
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan 71
Hi Mike,
Regards,
Alan

Are you guys refering to the piece at the bottom of the door jamb area? Close to the sill plate? I have a water leak issue in that same area and my 72 coupe and it did not have those pieces when I purchased it some 16 years ago. Is that trim mld at a 45 degree angle to deflect water?

Get notified of new replies

To 72 door jamb windlace

Quick Reply: 72 door jamb windlace