Notices
C3 Parts for Sale/Wanted C3 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who is going to Carlisle, need a favor please. Need OEM 72 windshield.

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2014, 07:41 AM
jhudec
Melting Slicks

Received 143 Likes on 129 Posts

Default Who is going to Carlisle, need a favor please. Need OEM 72 windshield.

Anyone going to Carlisle?
I have been looking for an Original OEM LOF windshield for my 1972 LT1. The windshield was replaced long ago and this is one of the last items I need. Something dated very late 71, but preferably early 1972 would be great.
If someone could look out for I would appreciate it. You could pass the seller my name and phone number and I would take it from there. I picked one up last year, but it turned out to be too scratched up to use, then I had one and was waiting to go pick it up in the last week and the owner somehow broke it.

Or if anyone knows of someone parting a 1971 or 1972 and has a good windshield, please let me know.
Regards,
Joe Hudec
216-374-6243
Old 08-16-2014, 08:41 AM
Alan 71
Team Owner

Received 2,878 Likes on 2,515 Posts

Hi Joe,
I'll keep my eyes open for you!
I've been looking at glass for probably 20 years. I've never seen a piece with an appropriate date that's in good enough condition to EVEN CONSIDER.
I think because they're so fragile, and because of the way they're handled once they're off the car, much of the damage is done as they get moved from place to place. You see them laying in 'stacks' on the ground.
The glass from Auto Classic isn't perfect but I think it's the best alternative now.
Regards,
Alan
Old 08-17-2014, 05:45 PM
SB64
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 796 Likes on 620 Posts

Originally Posted by jhudec
Anyone going to Carlisle?
I have been looking for an Original OEM LOF windshield for my 1972 LT1. The windshield was replaced long ago and this is one of the last items I need. Something dated very late 71, but preferably early 1972 would be great.
If someone could look out for I would appreciate it. You could pass the seller my name and phone number and I would take it from there. I picked one up last year, but it turned out to be too scratched up to use, then I had one and was waiting to go pick it up in the last week and the owner somehow broke it.

Or if anyone knows of someone parting a 1971 or 1972 and has a good windshield, please let me know.
Regards,
Joe Hudec
216-374-6243
Hi Joe, I will be up there Sat. I will look for you. Hey 2 ses of eye's is better then one.
R
Old 08-17-2014, 08:52 PM
jhudec
Melting Slicks

Received 143 Likes on 129 Posts

Great, much appreciated. Like I said I had a nice March 72' dated windshield ready for me to pick up and somehow it was broken before I could come get it.

Everyone, Thanks

Please ask all your contacts. I will travel to pick up the windshield, I do not care where it is.

Get notified of new replies

To Who is going to Carlisle, need a favor please. Need OEM 72 windshield.

Quick Reply: Who is going to Carlisle, need a favor please. Need OEM 72 windshield.