Notices
C3 Parts for Sale/Wanted C3 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

looking for my "born with" 1969 block.

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2014, 06:30 PM
Dynra Rockets
Burning Brakes

Received 236 Likes on 200 Posts

Default looking for my "born with" 1969 block.

My 69 currently has a 1969 dated CE block. I have paperwork showing the warrantee short block replacement. All other parts dates on the engine suggest they are from the original build date (heads, intake, dist, etc)

I have been surfing the net for 4 years trying to find my "born with" block. I called the original dealership (still in existance) and I have posted CL ads in Milwaukee, Green Bay and Chicago where the car spent most of its life with several 69 blocks found but not my VIN.

I know it is probably a fruitless search but not giving up.

Let me know if you know of any 'HY' original stamped blocks with a Sept-Oct '68 build date VIN range 9500-10,000.

Randy
Old 08-17-2014, 07:53 PM
avalonjohn
Le Mans Master

Received 272 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by Dynra Rockets
My 69 currently has a 1969 dated CE block. I have paperwork showing the warrantee short block replacement. All other parts dates on the engine suggest they are from the original build date (heads, intake, dist, etc)

I have been surfing the net for 4 years trying to find my "born with" block. I called the original dealership (still in existance) and I have posted CL ads in Milwaukee, Green Bay and Chicago where the car spent most of its life with several 69 blocks found but not my VIN.

I know it is probably a fruitless search but not giving up.

Let me know if you know of any 'HY' original stamped blocks with a Sept-Oct '68 build date VIN range 9500-10,000.

Randy
Hi Randy. I appreciate the passionate search to reunite the block with it's car, but if you have warranty paperwork indicating a CE block was installed, wouldn't it be safe to assume the original was somehow damaged beyond repair? I hope not but what did the dealer say? When was it replaced?
Old 08-17-2014, 08:00 PM
Dynra Rockets
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by avalonjohn
Hi Randy. I appreciate the passionate search to reunite the block with it's car, but if you have warranty paperwork indicating a CE block was installed, wouldn't it be safe to assume the original was somehow damaged beyond repair? I hope not but what did the dealer say? When was it replaced?
Dealer said they had purged those records long ago. Paperwork I have is just the dated receipt with no explanation.

I am hoping that as per usual, after a zone manager inspects/releases it, that someone grabbed it and it went into a hotrod or racecar and is somehow sitting in a storage shed somewhere. Hoping someone rebuilt it (even sleeved is fine with me) and it is still around. I can dream.

Last edited by Dynra Rockets; 08-17-2014 at 10:06 PM.
Old 08-18-2014, 08:43 AM
Easy Mike
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,468 Likes on 1,247 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Originally Posted by avalonjohn
...if you have warranty paperwork indicating a CE block was installed, wouldn't it be safe to assume the original was somehow damaged beyond repair?...
Almost certainly. Consecutive unit numbers 9500 - 10000 will be December, 1968.

Old 08-19-2014, 07:37 PM
Dynra Rockets
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Easy Mike
Consecutive unit numbers 9500 - 10000 will be December, 1968.

While my car was born Dec 5 the engine parts range from the “186” heads J 29 8 (Oct 29, 68) to K158 intake manifold (Nov 15 ‘68) build dates, so I am looking for a block in that same similar casting date range. Thanks

Get notified of new replies

To looking for my "born with" 1969 block.

Quick Reply: looking for my "born with" 1969 block.