Notices
C3 Parts for Sale/Wanted C3 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS: CB Antenna & Radio

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2014, 05:01 PM
papawana
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,121 Likes on 321 Posts

Default FS: AM/FM Radio w/CB

Off of my newly purchased 1978 SA is a am/fm Stereo Radio w/CB (SR# GM0017072)...it comes with the original Delco GM Manual for Radio's with Citizens Band Transceiver, a FCC Citizens Band rules and regulations part 95 subpart D dated April 1977, and two Federal FCC forms (505 &555-B) for permitting and licensing...the mike...radio and cb portion works just fine...car was made in 11/77 for you NCRS people...I have no idea what this is worth...so how about $125 including shipping to the continental 48
Attached Images  

Last edited by papawana; 09-07-2014 at 04:39 PM. Reason: more info
Old 08-25-2014, 11:47 PM
stormy2503
Heel & Toe
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by papawana
Off of my newly purchased 1978 SA is it's am/fm Stereo Radio w/CB (SR# GM0017072)...it comes with the original CB Manual and two Federal forms to be filled out...radio with both cables, mike with holder, and complete power antenna...everything works...car was made in 11/77...I have no idea what this is worth...I need a working factory antenna and some cash, or $300...we'll talk about shipping depending on the deal.
Hey Papawana, I have a 79 coupe and would be interested in this if it will work as a direct replacement for my non working AM/FM/CB w/Power Antenna. Can you or anyone else advise. Stormy2503
Old 08-26-2014, 11:40 AM
papawana
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Default radio and antenna

to the best of my knowledge the radio is the same but the antenna is different as far as NCRS standards go...other than that it is a good switch
Old 08-26-2014, 06:18 PM
stormy2503
Heel & Toe
Support Corvetteforum!

to the best of my knowledge the radio is the same but the antenna is different as far as NCRS standards go...other than that it is a good switch
papawana, thanks for the response. My radio does works, however, the factory power antenna is inoperative. Your NCRS comment leads me to believe that it is not factory standard but rather a replacement. I am still interested, however, can you tell me who the mfg of the antenna is. While at the Bloomington Gold show in June a couple opf the vendors advised to stay away from the Japanese replacement antenna. I am also concerned that it is a one for one and that it will get through the antenna body on the rear fender. Can you comment/advise? Thanks, stormy2503
Old 08-26-2014, 08:29 PM
papawana
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by stormy2503
papawana, thanks for the response. My radio does works, however, the factory power antenna is inoperative. Your NCRS comment leads me to believe that it is not factory standard but rather a replacement. I am still interested, however, can you tell me who the mfg of the antenna is. While at the Bloomington Gold show in June a couple opf the vendors advised to stay away from the Japanese replacement antenna. I am also concerned that it is a one for one and that it will get through the antenna body on the rear fender. Can you comment/advise? Thanks, stormy2503
This is the same antenna that the car came off the assembly line had on it
Old 08-27-2014, 11:03 AM
stormy2503
Heel & Toe
Support Corvetteforum!

Are you located near Illinois? If so, I might consider driving for a pick up if we can reach a deal. Also, the term SA refers to (a model) or what on your 78.stormy2503.
Old 08-27-2014, 11:11 AM
papawana
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Are you located near Illinois? If so, I might consider driving for a pick up if we can reach a deal. Also, the term SA refers to (a model) or what on your 78.stormy2503.
I am in Florida near Tampa...SA stands for Silver Anniversary edition paint option...I would prefer to sell both together as a package or trade both for a working non-cb original antenna and some cash...just like the ad says
Old 08-27-2014, 11:43 PM
stormy2503
Heel & Toe
Support Corvetteforum!

I am in Florida near Tampa...SA stands for Silver Anniversary edition paint option...I would prefer to sell both together as a package or trade both for a working non-cb original antenna and some cash...just like the ad says
I will go for the package just to get this moving for both of us. How does $275 for the package with it being FOB my address. I can do PayPal or send you a either a Bank draft or Cashier's Check. I believe you can do a USPS Priority Mail or UPS Brown Label. That would be AM/FM Stereo Radio w/CB (SR# GM0017072). Including the original CB Manual and two Federal forms to be filled out...radio with both cables, mike with holder, and complete power antenna. Standing by, (My son was born at Tampa General.) Stormy2503
Old 08-28-2014, 10:15 AM
papawana
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Default antenna

I will go for the package just to get this moving for both of us. How does $275 for the package with it being FOB my address. I can do PayPal or send you a either a Bank draft or Cashier's Check. I believe you can do a USPS Priority Mail or UPS Brown Label. That would be AM/FM Stereo Radio w/CB (SR# GM0017072). Including the original CB Manual and two Federal forms to be filled out...radio with both cables, mike with holder, and complete power antenna. Standing by, (My son was born at Tampa General.) Stormy2503
I just got an email from a fellow forum member who knows more about this than I do..."Also, I saw your thread about your antenna where someone asked if it will fit his 79.
Ask him if there is a round circular depression where the antenna goes. Yours won't fit that.
If his fender is smooth yours will work."
Old 08-28-2014, 02:20 PM
stormy2503
Heel & Toe
Support Corvetteforum!

I just got an email from a fellow forum member who knows more about this than I do..."Also, I saw your thread about your antenna where someone asked if it will fit his 79.
Ask him if there is a round circular depression where the antenna goes. Yours won't fit that.
If his fender is smooth yours will work."
papawana: Just checked the fender and it is smooth. Relooked at your initial thread and if you are satisfied with the $275, we can split the ship costs. I'll be gone now for about 2-3 hours. Regards, Stormy2503
Old 08-29-2014, 07:10 AM
papawana
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Default radio and antenna

papawana: Just checked the fender and it is smooth. Relooked at your initial thread and if you are satisfied with the $275, we can split the ship costs. I'll be gone now for about 2-3 hours. Regards, Stormy2503
I am going in the hospital for day surgery later this morning for something that came up...I found someone who will sell me a stock '78 antenna for $200...radio, mike, cables, books, paperwork, and complete antenna is a steal at $300 plus shipping...I stand firm at my price but would not be able to get it to shipping until Tuesday because of recovery time.
Old 08-29-2014, 12:47 PM
stormy2503
Heel & Toe
Support Corvetteforum!

I am going in the hospital for day surgery later this morning for something that came up...I found someone who will sell me a stock '78 antenna for $200...radio, mike, cables, books, paperwork, and complete antenna is a steal at $300 plus shipping...I stand firm at my price but would not be able to get it to shipping until Tuesday because of recovery time.
Papawana: No problem for the $300 - consider this a done deal and hope all is well for you at the hospital - I just got out of the hospital after 10 days and 5 units of blood. In fact, let me know the ship costs or estimated costs and i will add them to the $300. When you get out please email or call my cell @ 309 287-7488 and we'll finalize. Warm regards, stormy2503.
Old 09-07-2014, 04:56 PM
papawana
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Default radio

ttt

Get notified of new replies

To FS: CB Antenna & Radio

Quick Reply: FS: CB Antenna & Radio