Notices
C3 Parts for Sale/Wanted C3 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTB Non AC heater core cover

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2015, 02:21 PM
jgcable
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default WTB Non AC heater core cover

Looking for a NON AC cover for my 1977. I removed my AC and need the cover that houses the blower motor for a NON AC car.
Old 07-21-2015, 02:38 PM
jnb5101
Le Mans Master

Received 100 Likes on 92 Posts

Where are you located?
Old 07-21-2015, 03:00 PM
jgcable
Racer

Originally Posted by jnb5101
Where are you located?

Milford, Connecticut
Old 07-21-2015, 03:12 PM
jnb5101
Le Mans Master

I have the inner and outer cases and most of the ductwork. The firewall will have to be modified to install the non-A/C system because the A/C unit has a different shape opening in the firewall. It's not a difficult job. If you want to have a heater and defrost system, I believe that you will need both cases because the two halves won't bolt together. Shipping these is somewhat expensive. Let me know if you are interested in both.
Old 07-21-2015, 04:39 PM
jgcable
Racer

Originally Posted by jnb5101
I have the inner and outer cases and most of the ductwork. The firewall will have to be modified to install the non-A/C system because the A/C unit has a different shape opening in the firewall. It's not a difficult job. If you want to have a heater and defrost system, I believe that you will need both cases because the two halves won't bolt together. Shipping these is somewhat expensive. Let me know if you are interested in both.

This is the part I am looking for. I was told that once I remove the factory AC cover and the stuff in it I can leave my existing heater core in there and just install this cover and bolt my blower motor to it. They sell them on Ebay and most of the other Corvette online companies. I was under the impression that this is a reproduction of the stock firewall cover from a non-AC car.
I just want to cover up the hole once I remove my existing cover. I am not removing anything from the dash side of the car.
Old 07-21-2015, 05:06 PM
jnb5101
Le Mans Master

As I posted, the opening for the A/C unit is larger than the non-A/C system, and again, I don't think that the mounting bolts will line-up. If all you want to do is cover the opening and are not interested in a functioning heater, use a piece of sheet metal to make a weather proof cover.
Old 07-22-2015, 01:55 AM
Frank™
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I covered mine with a fiberglass patch and Bondo. Looks great but I do kinda wish I would left the cover on. I have this one if you're interested.
Old 07-22-2015, 08:19 AM
jgcable
Racer

Originally Posted by Frank™
I covered mine with a fiberglass patch and Bondo. Looks great but I do kinda wish I would left the cover on. I have this one if you're interested.

Hey Frank, what year is this from? It doesn't look exactly like the ones I have seen online but they are repro's. I am definitely interested. Thanks.. John
Old 07-22-2015, 09:32 AM
jgcable
Racer

Originally Posted by Frank™

Frank, I sent you a private message. Let me know. This looks like the correct one to me and I need it. Thanks! John

Get notified of new replies

To WTB Non AC heater core cover

Quick Reply: WTB Non AC heater core cover