Notices
C3 Parts for Sale/Wanted C3 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTB: ISO - Raincoat or temp sun shade

Old 07-23-2017, 02:02 PM
77orange
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default ISO - Carbrella, Raincoat, or Portable T-Top (vinyl/folding)

Hello. Looking for raincoat, carbrella, or sun screen system for a 77. I see there are several styles offered for sale now, I'm not particular, just looking for something to cover the t-top area when parked (although driving would be a big bonus). Tried to make something out of a standard window sun screen but it didn't turn out as good as I had hoped. Just wondered if someone had one laying around they didn't want any more and would consider selling.

Thanks, Jim.

Last edited by 77orange; 07-28-2017 at 12:31 PM. Reason: clarification
Old 07-29-2017, 01:28 PM
77orange
Instructor

bump with modification... thanks
Old 08-04-2017, 05:17 PM
77orange
Instructor

bump
Old 11-04-2017, 11:10 AM
JoeMinnesota
Pro

Received 148 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by 77orange
Hello. Looking for raincoat, carbrella, or sun screen system for a 77. I see there are several styles offered for sale now, I'm not particular, just looking for something to cover the t-top area when parked (although driving would be a big bonus). Tried to make something out of a standard window sun screen but it didn't turn out as good as I had hoped. Just wondered if someone had one laying around they didn't want any more and would consider selling.

Thanks, Jim.
Hi Jim... Did you ever find a raincoat for your Vette? I happen to have one, brand new, only on the car for a ride or two, perfect new condition. I got this with the car when I purchased my 1970. It appears the system from Corvette Accessories fits '68-77 so I imagine this one should fit your car. It is a Mike Wilson Inc. RAIN COAT. I simply don't use it.

You would need to get a fresh roll of 1" Velcro (it requires approx 8' and I just found 10' rolls of industrial strength Velcro on Amazon for $11 per roll). You use the rough side of the Velcro on the car (front and rear on the T-Top frame and the top has the matching Velcro, so pulls tight and sticks to the Velcro. This top is secured on the T-Top hardware already on the car - clips that hook on the top rear, and threaded posts that go through the T-Top holes near the front pillars with threaded handles to hold it in. VERY secure and very nice fit.

I've included some pics. I PM'd you and we can talk price.

Last edited by JoeMinnesota; 11-04-2017 at 11:17 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To ISO - Raincoat or temp sun shade

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: WTB: ISO - Raincoat or temp sun shade