Notices
C3 Parts for Sale/Wanted C3 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTB-71-79 Differential core

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2016, 08:03 AM
Illegal Vette
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
Default WTB-71-79 Differential core

I'm still looking for a differential core to build, no luck so far. What I need is a 71-79 that has a good undamaged case and posi etc. with pictures. I'll be having it built by GTR1999 and he'll need to look at the pictures to determine if the case etc. are good enough to build. It would be great if you could remove the stub axles so he can see the sides of the case where worn stub axles often gouge the sides of the case. This isn't too difficult, they're just held in with snap rings. Also, I need axle flanges-the ones that bolt on to the trailing arms if any of you have those.
Old 11-02-2016, 08:50 AM
Akodo
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I have a complete 77 rear end in my parts car, I'm planning to pull it this weekend, I'll snap some pics to see if it will work for you. Should have the axle flanges too since its still in the car complete. No idea on condition, let you know when its out.
The following users liked this post:
Illegal Vette (11-02-2016)
Old 11-02-2016, 08:56 AM
Illegal Vette
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Akodo
I have a complete 77 rear end in my parts car, I'm planning to pull it this weekend, I'll snap some pics to see if it will work for you. Should have the axle flanges too since its still in the car complete. No idea on condition, let you know when its out.
That's great news, keep me posted!
Old 11-03-2016, 11:11 AM
AzMotorhead
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 97 Likes on 68 Posts

I have a bare 1974 housing if you still need it. comes with the rear cover No stripped holes and no cracks.
Old 11-03-2016, 05:21 PM
Mark Riles
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Illegal Vette
I'm still looking for a differential core to build, no luck so far. What I need is a 71-79 that has a good undamaged case and posi etc. with pictures. I'll be having it built by GTR1999 and he'll need to look at the pictures to determine if the case etc. are good enough to build. It would be great if you could remove the stub axles so he can see the sides of the case where worn stub axles often gouge the sides of the case. This isn't too difficult, they're just held in with snap rings. Also, I need axle flanges-the ones that bolt on to the trailing arms if any of you have those.

I have been helping a friend with his '77 project. He's replacing his stock '77 3.08 rear diff. I know his diff was removed from the car a few years ago, no miles since. He opened it, inspected everything, and replaced the pinion seal, yoke seals, yokes, and fluid. The original snowflake clutch discs were still intact, and his car as mid 70K original miles. I know he's also friendly with Gary so they probably communicated through the process. PM me if you want his contact info and you guys can discuss price and shipping. I know he is replacing the half shafts and flanges so those would be available too.

Last edited by Mark Riles; 11-03-2016 at 05:21 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Illegal Vette (11-03-2016)

Get notified of new replies

To WTB-71-79 Differential core

Quick Reply: WTB-71-79 Differential core