Notices
C3 Parts for Sale/Wanted C3 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTB - FIA fixed lemans/racing headlights

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2016, 07:26 PM
79C3tnd
Pro

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
Default WTB - FIA fixed lemans/racing headlights

Does anyone have a set of new that they aren't going to use, or a used set in VERY good condition (no scratches on covers)? If so, please PM me with info. They would need to be shipped to 17543

Thanks!
Old 01-03-2017, 10:30 PM
79C3tnd
Pro

Bump
Old 01-03-2017, 11:58 PM
bmans vette
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 351 Likes on 304 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13, '15- '16-'17-'18-'19, '21

I got mine from Jim at Classic Air......great guy and great price.

Not sure how much you want to spend.
These were about $450 with CF discount if I remember correctly.

I sold an old set of Ecklers for $250 a while ago when I got the FIA style.

Good luck....

If you are patient you can find them on ebay every so often.

Bman
Old 01-06-2017, 12:48 PM
79C3tnd
Pro

Originally Posted by bmans vette
I got mine from Jim at Classic Air......great guy and great price.

Not sure how much you want to spend.
These were about $450 with CF discount if I remember correctly.

I sold an old set of Ecklers for $250 a while ago when I got the FIA style.

Good luck....

If you are patient you can find them on ebay every so often.

Bman
Thanks... I can afford to be patient. I have the entire winter. I have heard excellent things about the quality of the Classic Aircraft kit, however it is priced at $550, which is $150 more than the kit from Vintage Exotics. This is not going to be a driver, more of a fun car with some occasional autocross, so I don't necessarily need perfection. $450 would be a great price for the Classic Aircraft kit, but I don't think they would offer a $100 Forum discount... Also, I have concerns that the aluminum Headlight cover mounting brackets from Classic air would not work on my 79, as they have approximately a 90 degree bend to go over the leading edge of the headlight "bucket", but on non-chrome bumper cars, this bracket wouldn't work since the rubber bumper extends way beyond the headlight bucket cutout. I will send them an email to confirm. Thanks!

Last edited by 79C3tnd; 01-06-2017 at 01:17 PM.
Old 01-06-2017, 01:27 PM
roger002
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello,
I came across your wanted AD, Let me know if you are still in need of the above and i will be sure to get back to you. contact me via email : roger.sparessalesltd@gmail.com
Old 01-06-2017, 06:01 PM
bmans vette
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by 79C3tnd
Thanks... I can afford to be patient. I have the entire winter. I have heard excellent things about the quality of the Classic Aircraft kit, however it is priced at $550, which is $150 more than the kit from Vintage Exotics. This is not going to be a driver, more of a fun car with some occasional autocross, so I don't necessarily need perfection. $450 would be a great price for the Classic Aircraft kit, but I don't think they would offer a $100 Forum discount... Also, I have concerns that the aluminum Headlight cover mounting brackets from Classic air would not work on my 79, as they have approximately a 90 degree bend to go over the leading edge of the headlight "bucket", but on non-chrome bumper cars, this bracket wouldn't work since the rubber bumper extends way beyond the headlight bucket cutout. I will send them an email to confirm. Thanks!
Talk to Jim, not sure but if memory serves me correctly (lol) with the discount he gave me it was a better deal. I like supporting small vendors who actually create something for our cars. Just my way of helping them stay in business.

I think when I looked at his kit vs the others, his had more pieces.
I have a 75 that will have the same issue with the front hinge but I am modifying mine and glassing the seams anyway so I may just lay it out flat. Not there yet. Probably this summer when I get to the body. Working on frame and powertrain first.
Like you said....got all winter...lots of guys selling off parts now. Some of them are just changing their design and some might be liquidating.
Good luck with your search!

Bman (Dennis)
Old 01-08-2017, 11:33 AM
79C3tnd
Pro

Originally Posted by roger002
Hello,
I came across your wanted AD, Let me know if you are still in need of the above and i will be sure to get back to you. contact me via email : roger.sparessalesltd@gmail.com
I have already been contacted by one scammer that wanted to "sell" me his FIA lights, most likely this is another. Buyer beware on the forum!
Old 01-09-2017, 02:29 AM
bmans vette
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by 79C3tnd
I have already been contacted by one scammer that wanted to "sell" me his FIA lights, most likely this is another. Buyer beware on the forum!
Lot of those scum on Craig's list when I post a big ticket item for sale.
They want to send you an out of state cashier's check for MORE than what you are asking so you can pay their guy who will pick it up.
Except their check is no good....and you don't find out soon enough.

You are probably right about this guy with one post.
Ask him for pics and tell him to fill in his bio info.

Get notified of new replies

To WTB - FIA fixed lemans/racing headlights

Quick Reply: WTB - FIA fixed lemans/racing headlights