Notices
C3 Parts for Sale/Wanted C3 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Passenger hood lift bracket

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2017, 07:24 PM
Mattrv73
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passenger side hood lift bracket

So I've been having fun with some light mods on my 76 and am currently doing a dual hood lift strut/shock setup.

I have a friend at work who helped with fabricating a bracket for the passenger side shock (I wanted two shocks to distribute the weight a little more evenly on both sides instead of just one).

This is the fourth version

It took some time to measure cut and fit and get the right angles but Im pretty sure it turned out OK.

The pic is of the passenger side looking down and approximately the same spot as the driver side. The bracket fits flush where it meets the fender lip and the wheel well(?). (I dont know exactly what the area is called but its where the lower bolt and nut will screw in to).

The bottom hole on the bracket would be pre-drilled so you would hold the bracket to where it is supposed to sit and mark where you would drill on the wheel well. The top of the bracket would not be pre-drilled so that when you would drill the fender lip you would drill through both spots at the same time to make both holes line up. (Instead of trying to drill a hole on the fender lip to try and match the hole on the bracket).

Anywho, Ive read of other people doing sort of the same thing but didn't see any follow up as to what their brackets looked like. Furthermore I don't think anybody is selling a bracket for the passenger side so I thought we might make a few more to sell if anyone might be interested?

Yeah so basically I'm just posting this to gauge if there is any interest in this bracket. Also dont really know a good price point to sell it. I was thinking about $75 that would include the little ball joint that would screw in to it.

I also havent gotten to the point that I have the brace/bracket for the hood yet but it would be a simple straight bracket with the ball joint on one end that would simply screw straight into the side of the hood?

Anywho, again, any thoughts would be appreciated.

Matt

Last edited by Mattrv73; 02-11-2017 at 05:36 AM.

Quick Reply: Passenger hood lift bracket