WTB C3 '75 Aluminum Rear Window Louvers - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion



C3 Parts for Sale/Wanted
C3 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTB C3 '75 Aluminum Rear Window Louvers

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-15-2017, 11:10 PM   #1
larry11
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Feb 2017
Posts: 5
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default WTB C3 '75 Aluminum Rear Window Louvers

I am a original owner of a 75 stingray and have made a few changes to the appearance. I am in need of the rear louvers, as mine have disappeared. I still have all the hardware on the body, and am wanting to paint. Looking for louvers or lead to finding a set. Thank you! Larry
larry11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 11:17 PM   #2
Plasticfreak
CF Senior Member
 
Plasticfreak's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2013
Location: Plains Pa
Posts: 1,253
Thanked 40 Times in 37 Posts
Default

Someone may have these...........
Plasticfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 06:33 PM   #3
Bills72n84
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
Bills72n84's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 1999
Location: mi.
Posts: 1,277
Thanked 27 Times in 25 Posts
Default


here is some in the michigan area ,if you are interested ,I can get you the information ,and it is between you and him ,he wants $100 for it,let me know if you are interested.
Bills72n84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 03:12 AM   #4
The13Bats
CF Senior Member
 
The13Bats's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2003
Location: Eustis ( Area 51 Bat Cave ) Fl
Posts: 9,678
Thanked 382 Times in 343 Posts
Default

The 68-77 cove louvers came in a couple styles i know of some went up against the glass but i am guessing he wantes these that places like ecklers and perhaps dealers sold,

I believe this is vettebuyers car from the day...
There gave the rear a whole new mako ish look...
The13Bats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 08:13 PM   #5
larry11
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Feb 2017
Posts: 5
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills72n84 View Post

here is some in the michigan area ,if you are interested ,I can get you the information ,and it is between you and him ,he wants $100 for it,let me know if you are interested.
Thank you so much for the lead, however, this type is for the "78" style. It has 7 louvers, and wraps around. I need the 9 louver insert type.

larry11 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to larry11 For This Useful Post:
Bills72n84 (02-19-2017)
Old 03-08-2017, 10:14 PM   #6
larry11
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Feb 2017
Posts: 5
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default C3 Aluminum rear deck louvers

Quote:
Originally Posted by The13Bats View Post
The 68-77 cove louvers came in a couple styles i know of some went up against the glass but i am guessing he wantes these that places like ecklers and perhaps dealers sold,

I believe this is vettebuyers car from the day...
There gave the rear a whole new mako ish look...
That's exactly the style i''m looking for! 1 piece inserted type. I also posted a picture of mine with the louvers on. Any help would be appreciated...Larry
larry11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 06:32 PM   #7
Xjmaxim
Junior Member
 
Member Since: Aug 2017
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default I may have what you want

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry11 View Post
That's exactly the style i''m looking for! 1 piece inserted type. I also posted a picture of mine with the louvers on. Any help would be appreciated...Larry
Hi Larry, I may have what your looking for. I have a set of rear window louvers for a 1968-1977 c3 Vette. The set I have attached to the roof and follows the roof down to the trunk, for the c3 vettes with the small vertical rear window. I had a dune buggy that someone adapted a roof from a 68-77 Vette onto. I know the pics aren't of a Vette but it shows the roof line and louvers. Let me know if this is the style your looking for, or if your even interested and I can get you better pics of the louvers themselves. Right now there collecting dust in my basement as I sold the buggy a couple years ago and I forgot I had these.

Xjmaxim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Xjmaxim For This Useful Post:
larry11 (08-14-2017)
Old 08-13-2017, 10:54 PM   #8
Vettebuyer6369
Moderator
 
Vettebuyer6369's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2000
Location: About 1100 miles from home. Blue lives matter.
Posts: 33,094
Thanked 802 Times in 531 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The13Bats View Post
The 68-77 cove louvers came in a couple styles i know of some went up against the glass but i am guessing he wantes these that places like ecklers and perhaps dealers sold,

I believe this is vettebuyers car from the day...
There gave the rear a whole new mako ish look...
Quote:
Originally Posted by larry11 View Post
That's exactly the style i''m looking for! 1 piece inserted type. I also posted a picture of mine with the louvers on. Any help would be appreciated...Larry
Hey, that's my car!

They did look cool on there. I sold the car with them on it in 1983 or '84, I think it was...
Vettebuyer6369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 08:25 PM   #9
larry11
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Feb 2017
Posts: 5
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default c3 louvers

Aloha and thank you for the reply...The photos that you sent is the type of louvers that i had except it looks as if someone has cut off from the bottom at least 1 louver slot. But saying that,
i may be able to somehow modify what you have.
Where are you located and what are you looking to get out of them?once again, thanks...Larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xjmaxim View Post
Hi Larry, I may have what your looking for. I have a set of rear window louvers for a 1968-1977 c3 Vette. The set I have attached to the roof and follows the roof down to the trunk, for the c3 vettes with the small vertical rear window. I had a dune buggy that someone adapted a roof from a 68-77 Vette onto. I know the pics aren't of a Vette but it shows the roof line and louvers. Let me know if this is the style your looking for, or if your even interested and I can get you better pics of the louvers themselves. Right now there collecting dust in my basement as I sold the buggy a couple years ago and I forgot I had these.

larry11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 04:52 PM   #10
Xjmaxim
Junior Member
 
Member Since: Aug 2017
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry11 View Post
Aloha and thank you for the reply...The photos that you sent is the type of louvers that i had except it looks as if someone has cut off from the bottom at least 1 louver slot. But saying that,
i may be able to somehow modify what you have.
Where are you located and what are you looking to get out of them?once again, thanks...Larry
i don't think they have been cut because I went to my friends body shop and measured his 72 Vette and these will go right on and end where the roof pillars meet the fenders. But I don't know for sure. I did take a close look and there may be something on the bottom that has been removed but it doesn't look big enough to be an entire louver. Maybe just a support bracket where it meets the trunk. I also noticed that one of the center supports is missing and some of the body filler is peeling. None of which are major issues as the louvers are aluminum and fiberglass. Just make a pattern from another center support and Tig weld it on, pop out the old filler and replace it with better modern stuff sand and paint and your good to go.
I am in Fairview, Utah it's about the center of the state. I know these louvers are very hard to find and fairly expensive, especially if you have to ship them very far, but these need some work so just make me an offer. If you need more pics or measurements let me know.

Xjmaxim is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion >
Reload this Page
  • WTB C3 '75 Aluminum Rear Window Louvers
  •  
     
    Reply

    Related Topics
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    FS: Rear Window Louver whitemj1948 C4 Parts for Sale/Wanted 2 05-29-2017 03:48 AM
    WTB: Looking for a 1 piece Cragar style Rear Window Louver williamross7 C4 Parts for Sale/Wanted 4 05-11-2017 12:09 AM
    window louvers for a 68-77 how rare? richard emmanuel C3 General 20 03-14-2017 03:08 PM
    Altec louvered brackets Linder1969 C5 General 4 10-13-2016 03:26 AM
    !980 --1982 Rear Window Louvers doctorgene C3 General 2 06-23-2016 01:51 PM


    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Search this Thread:

    Click for Advanced Search

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are Off
    Pingbacks are Off
    Refbacks are Off

    Forum Jump


    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:02 AM.