Notices
C3 Parts for Sale/Wanted C3 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTB C3 '75 Aluminum Rear Window Louvers

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2017, 11:10 PM
larry11
7th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default WTB C3 '75 Aluminum Rear Window Louvers

I am a original owner of a 75 stingray and have made a few changes to the appearance. I am in need of the rear louvers, as mine have disappeared. I still have all the hardware on the body, and am wanting to paint. Looking for louvers or lead to finding a set. Thank you! Larry
Old 02-15-2017, 11:17 PM
Plasticfreak
Melting Slicks

Received 112 Likes on 106 Posts

Someone may have these...........
Old 02-18-2017, 06:33 PM
Bills17n72
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 510 Likes on 359 Posts

here is some in the michigan area ,if you are interested ,I can get you the information ,and it is between you and him ,he wants $100 for it,let me know if you are interested.
Old 02-19-2017, 03:12 AM
The13Bats
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 645 Posts

The 68-77 cove louvers came in a couple styles i know of some went up against the glass but i am guessing he wantes these that places like ecklers and perhaps dealers sold,

I believe this is vettebuyers car from the day...
There gave the rear a whole new mako ish look...
Old 02-19-2017, 08:13 PM
larry11
7th Gear

Originally Posted by Bills72n84

here is some in the michigan area ,if you are interested ,I can get you the information ,and it is between you and him ,he wants $100 for it,let me know if you are interested.
Thank you so much for the lead, however, this type is for the "78" style. It has 7 louvers, and wraps around. I need the 9 louver insert type.

The following users liked this post:
Bills17n72 (02-19-2017)
Old 03-08-2017, 10:14 PM
larry11
7th Gear

Default C3 Aluminum rear deck louvers

Originally Posted by The13Bats
The 68-77 cove louvers came in a couple styles i know of some went up against the glass but i am guessing he wantes these that places like ecklers and perhaps dealers sold,

That's exactly the style i''m looking for! 1 piece inserted type. I also posted a picture of mine with the louvers on. Any help would be appreciated...Larry
Old 08-13-2017, 06:32 PM
Xjmaxim
2nd Gear

Default I may have what you want

Originally Posted by larry11
That's exactly the style i''m looking for! 1 piece inserted type. I also posted a picture of mine with the louvers on. Any help would be appreciated...Larry
Hi Larry, I may have what your looking for. I have a set of rear window louvers for a 1968-1977 c3 Vette. The set I have attached to the roof and follows the roof down to the trunk, for the c3 vettes with the small vertical rear window. I had a dune buggy that someone adapted a roof from a 68-77 Vette onto. I know the pics aren't of a Vette but it shows the roof line and louvers. Let me know if this is the style your looking for, or if your even interested and I can get you better pics of the louvers themselves. Right now there collecting dust in my basement as I sold the buggy a couple years ago and I forgot I had these.

The following users liked this post:
larry11 (08-14-2017)
Old 08-13-2017, 10:54 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,321 Likes on 2,770 Posts

Originally Posted by The13Bats

Hey, that's my car!

They did look cool on there. I sold the car with them on it in 1983 or '84, I think it was...
Old 08-14-2017, 08:25 PM
larry11
7th Gear

Default c3 louvers

Aloha and thank you for the reply...The photos that you sent is the type of louvers that i had except it looks as if someone has cut off from the bottom at least 1 louver slot. But saying that,
i may be able to somehow modify what you have.
Where are you located and what are you looking to get out of them?once again, thanks...Larry

Originally Posted by Xjmaxim
Hi Larry, I may have what your looking for. I have a set of rear window louvers for a 1968-1977 c3 Vette. The set I have attached to the roof and follows the roof down to the trunk, for the c3 vettes with the small vertical rear window. I had a dune buggy that someone adapted a roof from a 68-77 Vette onto. I know the pics aren't of a Vette but it shows the roof line and louvers. Let me know if this is the style your looking for, or if your even interested and I can get you better pics of the louvers themselves. Right now there collecting dust in my basement as I sold the buggy a couple years ago and I forgot I had these.

Old 08-15-2017, 04:52 PM
Xjmaxim
2nd Gear

Aloha and thank you for the reply...The photos that you sent is the type of louvers that i had except it looks as if someone has cut off from the bottom at least 1 louver slot. But saying that,
i may be able to somehow modify what you have.
Where are you located and what are you looking to get out of them?once again, thanks...Larry
i don't think they have been cut because I went to my friends body shop and measured his 72 Vette and these will go right on and end where the roof pillars meet the fenders. But I don't know for sure. I did take a close look and there may be something on the bottom that has been removed but it doesn't look big enough to be an entire louver. Maybe just a support bracket where it meets the trunk. I also noticed that one of the center supports is missing and some of the body filler is peeling. None of which are major issues as the louvers are aluminum and fiberglass. Just make a pattern from another center support and Tig weld it on, pop out the old filler and replace it with better modern stuff sand and paint and your good to go.
I am in Fairview, Utah it's about the center of the state. I know these louvers are very hard to find and fairly expensive, especially if you have to ship them very far, but these need some work so just make me an offer. If you need more pics or measurements let me know.

Old 01-29-2023, 09:54 AM
lovemaille@yahoo.com
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear window louvers

I am a original owner of a 75 stingray and have made a few changes to the appearance. I am in need of the rear louvers, as mine have disappeared. I still have all the hardware on the body, and am wanting to paint. Looking for louvers or lead to finding a set. Thank you! Larry
I have a set of these off a 75

Get notified of new replies

To WTB C3 '75 Aluminum Rear Window Louvers

Quick Reply: WTB C3 '75 Aluminum Rear Window Louvers