Notices
C3 Parts for Sale/Wanted C3 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS: 4 speed transmission for sale

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2017, 07:09 PM
Frankenvette
Melting Slicks

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Default 4 speed transmission for sale

SOLD

4 speed Saginaw transmission for sale. $150. Prefer that it be picked up. It's been running behind my 350 for the 18 years I've owned my vette.

I'm including the tranny, slip yoke and shifter linkage. I still have the shifter but it needs to be rebuilt or replaced as it was hanging up on the shift rods.

Pic is from right after uninstalling, so I've had not cleaned it up. You see it as it was driven.

I installed a 5 speed, thus the reason I pulled the tranny and am selling it.

Email me with questions. jimweintraub@hotmail.com

Last edited by Frankenvette; 10-20-2017 at 10:21 AM.
Old 10-18-2017, 07:57 AM
AllC34Me

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,031 Likes on 1,103 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

I cannot see where you are located when looking on my phone. Can you share that please? How many miles did you put on it in the 18 years? Was it original to your Corvette? Thank you. David
Old 10-18-2017, 10:00 AM
Frankenvette
Melting Slicks

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by AllVettes4Me
I cannot see where you are located when looking on my phone. Can you share that please? How many miles did you put on it in the 18 years? Was it original to your Corvette? Thank you. David
Hello David,

I'm in eastern TN. I used to live in Whitehall, PA. The transmission has been in my vette since I purchased it. It's not original to the car, so I don't know the history of it. As my user name implies, I have parts from different years.

Since I've owned the car I've only driven about 5,000 miles. The tranny never seemed to have an issue but it's an old transmission, and I'm not able to speak to the condition of the internals other than it worked well for me.

The shifter started to hang up allowing the shift rods to catch. A new shifter or rebuild of the old one will resolve that.

The rear oil seal needs to be replaced. That's probably about a $5.00 part.

I have two other people that have already reached out to me, so I'm allowing them the chance to purchase first. If either of them pass I'll post back here that it's still available.

Jim

Last edited by Frankenvette; 10-18-2017 at 10:01 AM.
Old 10-18-2017, 08:28 PM
AllC34Me

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,031 Likes on 1,103 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Thank you. Good luck with sale.

Get notified of new replies

To 4 speed transmission for sale

Quick Reply: FS: 4 speed transmission for sale