Notices
C3 Parts for Sale/Wanted C3 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTB: 15*8 Chrome or Polished Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2018, 09:12 PM
Miccar
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default 15*8 Chrome or Polished Wheels

Hello,

I am looking for a nice set of wheels for my 1972. The rally wheels I have are nice, but I want another set of wheels I could swap out to give the car a different look. I would prefer chrome, but might consider polished aluminum. The wheels must fit without the use of spacers. If you have something please post pictures along with your asking price. Ideally, it would be nice if you are in New England to save on shipping costs.

Thank you.
Old 05-03-2018, 03:18 PM
Miccar
Instructor

Originally Posted by Miccar
Hello,

I am looking for a nice set of wheels for my 1972. The rally wheels I have are nice, but I want another set of wheels I could swap out to give the car a different look. I would prefer chrome, but might consider polished aluminum. The wheels must fit without the use of spacers. If you have something please post pictures along with your asking price. Ideally, it would be nice if you are in New England to save on shipping costs.

Thank you.
Anyone?
Old 05-05-2018, 04:09 PM
Miccar
Instructor

Anyone have a nice set of 15x8 wheels they are looking to sell? They must be in very nice condition and preferably chrome and fit without spacers.

Thank you.
Old 05-07-2018, 07:30 AM
AllC34Me

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,031 Likes on 1,103 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

I will ask because others may also be thinking but not asking. You are seeking something other than the aluminum slotted wheels that Corvettes used after 1976, correct? I ask because I have seen them used on earlier years and they are the proper bolt pattern and back spacing for the corvette and they are available in chrome or highly polished aluminum or brushed aluminum.

I have a set of silver anniversary wheels here that had tires on them but were never installed on a car. Tires have been removed. These are the highly polished aluminum style and the red stripe on the wheel has been removed.

I was going to use them on my 1977 project car but that car is sold now and no longer here.

I have seen torque thrusts used as well in a chrome version and those look nice as well.

I went with Hurricane wheels on my road race replica.

If you give us a little more guidance maybe we can help find you a nice set of wheels for your car.

Best regards,

David Howard
AllVettes4Me
Old 05-07-2018, 12:55 PM
Miccar
Instructor

Originally Posted by AllVettes4Me
I will ask because others may also be thinking but not asking. You are seeking something other than the aluminum slotted wheels that Corvettes used after 1976, correct? I ask because I have seen them used on earlier years and they are the proper bolt pattern and back spacing for the corvette and they are available in chrome or highly polished aluminum or brushed aluminum.

I have a set of silver anniversary wheels here that had tires on them but were never installed on a car. Tires have been removed. These are the highly polished aluminum style and the red stripe on the wheel has been removed.

I was going to use them on my 1977 project car but that car is sold now and no longer here.

I have seen torque thrusts used as well in a chrome version and those look nice as well.

I went with Hurricane wheels on my road race replica.

If you give us a little more guidance maybe we can help find you a nice set of wheels for your car.

Best regards,

David Howard
AllVettes4Me
Hello David,

Yes I have been considering the Corvette slotted aluminum wheels and the Torq Thrust II wheels. I wasn't sure though how the Corvette slotted wheels would look on the car though. I would prefer chrome even though polished aluminum looks nice as well, but I hear they are a pain to keep up with. I like the Cragar SS's also, but I hear they don't fit with out spacers and I don't want to deal with that.
Old 05-08-2018, 06:32 AM
AllC34Me

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,031 Likes on 1,103 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by Miccar
Hello David,

Yes I have been considering the Corvette slotted aluminum wheels and the Torq Thrust II wheels. I wasn't sure though how the Corvette slotted wheels would look on the car though. I would prefer chrome even though polished aluminum looks nice as well, but I hear they are a pain to keep up with. I like the Cragar SS's also, but I hear they don't fit with out spacers and I don't want to deal with that.
You might consider posting in the C-3 General section and ask folks to post pictures of their cars with various wheels installed. I will look up my Orange 77, Red 77, and my 72 Racer with different wheels showing how they look on the cars if you do that. Glad to help and hope you find exactly what you are looking for in wheels.

Best of success.

David
Old 05-08-2018, 10:04 AM
Miccar
Instructor

Originally Posted by AllVettes4Me
You might consider posting in the C-3 General section and ask folks to post pictures of their cars with various wheels installed. I will look up my Orange 77, Red 77, and my 72 Racer with different wheels showing how they look on the cars if you do that. Glad to help and hope you find exactly what you are looking for in wheels.

Best of success.

David
Thank you.
Old 05-22-2018, 06:39 PM
Miccar
Instructor

Default Chrome Wheels 15*8

Does anyone have a set of 15*8" chrome wheels they want to sell that will fit without spacers?

Thank you.

Get notified of new replies

To 15*8 Chrome or Polished Wheels

Quick Reply: WTB: 15*8 Chrome or Polished Wheels