Notices
C3 Parts for Sale/Wanted C3 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTB: Zip Corvette Exhaust Manifold Advice

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2018, 02:59 PM
stefansangreal
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Zip Corvette Exhaust Manifold Advice

Hi all,

I am in the process of swapping out the old exhaust system on my 73 and have started to receive the parts I ordered from Zip.

So far the process is starting out easier than I expected (all exhaust manifold bolts came out with no problems!!) and I will begin installing everything this weekend.

I only have a very slight concern and it is with the condition of the first manifold I received (second one is being shipped today) - my concern is with the conditipn of the item, and since I paid a good amount of money for it I wanted to ask the forum on whether this manifold is fine to use or if the quality control is maybe a bit lacking. The website says this item is GM licensed, is this acceptable for a GM licensee manufacture?

pics attached

Old 08-20-2018, 08:08 PM
stefansangreal
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello Mods, may you please remove this post as I just realized it isn't really a For Sale / Wanted post? Don't want to be taking up space in the forum. Thanks!
Old 08-20-2018, 08:12 PM
AllC34Me

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,031 Likes on 1,103 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by stefansangreal
Hello Mods, may you please remove this post as I just realized it isn't really a For Sale / Wanted post? Don't want to be taking up space in the forum. Thanks!
They can move it to C-3 General topics for you, and allow people to keep commenting so you get answers back to your questions. Just a thought.
Good luck with your parts.
David Howard
AllVettes4Me
Old 08-20-2018, 10:10 PM
redvetracr
Race Director

Received 174 Likes on 160 Posts

"The website says this item is GM licensed, is this acceptable for a GM licensee manufacture?"

an old doc once told me licensed GM restoration parts have nothing to do with quality or originality or country of origin, all the GM lawyers care is that a license fee was paid, pay the fee get the GM license.
The following users liked this post:
stefansangreal (08-21-2018)
Old 08-21-2018, 07:48 AM
AllC34Me

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,031 Likes on 1,103 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by redvetracr
"The website says this item is GM licensed, is this acceptable for a GM licensee manufacture?"

an old doc once told me licensed GM restoration parts have nothing to do with quality or originality or country of origin, all the GM lawyers care is that a license fee was paid, pay the fee get the GM license.
I worked with the brand security team when teaching at Michigan State University and they shared that they couldn't enforce the use of the GM License use any longer, too many suppliers used it and they didn't have the staff to chase it. Don't be surprised if that GM Licensed product is a Chinese knockoff. The single largest area of counterfeit and substandard parts for all manufacturers is repair parts. It is just too big to chase, so they no longer do. I have stories about NOS too, but that is another thread for another time. Consider asking Zip to follow up for you and confirm your parts came from the USA, Canada, or Mexico and not from China. They should be willing to do that for you.
Best of success with your purchase.

Get notified of new replies

To Zip Corvette Exhaust Manifold Advice

Quick Reply: WTB: Zip Corvette Exhaust Manifold Advice