Notices
C3 Parts for Sale/Wanted C3 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Copper AT Harrison Radiator- Newly Reconditioned $125

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2018, 07:34 PM
NewbVetteGuy
Melting Slicks

Received 332 Likes on 281 Posts
Default Copper AT Harrison Radiator- Newly Reconditioned $125

$125
FS: The Copper Harrison Radiator out of my 79 L82 Auto trans.

I power wire brushed and dremel wire brushed the radiator, shined up the brass parts of the radiator, then applied oil and wax remover followed up by rubbing alcohol and repainted it with black, ceramic radiator paint. I masked off the brass parts because I think they look great that way, but if you don't like it, let me know and I can respray the brass rails black.

-It's got some bent fins as shown in the picture; they can be straightened, I just don't have the patience and need to work on getting my engine back in my car. There is some solder showing on part of the brass rails but I still think it looks good that way.

I've also got the stock shroud w electric fan and trap-door. Heck, I've got the stock clutch fan, too. If you want any of this other stuff let me know and I can do a package for all of it.
It's big and heavy; shipping will be painful. I'm in Seattle.

Adam
Old 10-29-2018, 09:22 PM
MajD
Racer

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

PM sent.
Old 10-30-2018, 01:39 PM
NewbVetteGuy
Melting Slicks

How does everyone come up with shipping estimates?
(Last time I did this, I took my for-sale item(s) to the post office and had them package everything up all nice and then weigh it and give me a shipping estimate -I paid $30 for packing materials and then the potential buyer didn't want it anymore once they realized how expensive it is to ship big heavy things across the country.)

Adam

Last edited by NewbVetteGuy; 10-30-2018 at 01:39 PM.
Old 11-03-2018, 11:15 PM
Plasticfreak
Melting Slicks

Received 112 Likes on 106 Posts

How many core? 3 or 4
Old 11-03-2018, 11:17 PM
Plasticfreak
Melting Slicks

Received 112 Likes on 106 Posts

How much to 18705...Plains,Pa.
Old 11-04-2018, 11:15 AM
NewbVetteGuy
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Plasticfreak
How much to 18705...Plains,Pa.
I can find out, but I'm afraid it's going to be painfully expensive. -If anyone has any recommendations on shipping cheaper than USPS, let me know.

-I also need to figure out how to box up this giant thing. I have a new 3 row aluminum radiator and I'm going to see if the harrison will fit in the box. (I have serious doubts.)

Adam
Old 11-04-2018, 11:16 AM
NewbVetteGuy
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Plasticfreak
How many core? 3 or 4
It's 4 row, but when I looked down in it to check it's still got some white powder on the ends of the tubes so I think it needs a good flush.

Adam
Old 11-07-2018, 08:27 AM
Red86Z51
Melting Slicks

Received 444 Likes on 322 Posts
Finalist 2020 C4 of the Year - Unmodified
C4 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019

Originally Posted by NewbVetteGuy
I can find out, but I'm afraid it's going to be painfully expensive. -If anyone has any recommendations on shipping cheaper than USPS, let me know.

-I also need to figure out how to box up this giant thing. I have a new 3 row aluminum radiator and I'm going to see if the harrison will fit in the box. (I have serious doubts.)

Adam
I ship all large items with FedEx. Open an account with them and your rates are cheaper. USPS rates are outrageously expensive for larger items and I would avoid them at all costs!!! FedEx covers your item up to $100 (included in initial quote) and charges an additional $1 for each $100 insured value after that. I have never had a damage claim with them. The USPS uses untrained gorillas to handle large packages...it's obvious by the condition the packages always arrive in. Maybe their (USPS) rates are so high because their gorillas are expensive to feed.
The following users liked this post:
NewbVetteGuy (11-07-2018)
Old 11-07-2018, 01:04 PM
NewbVetteGuy
Melting Slicks

That's EXACTLY the type of tips I was looking for! I had no idea you'd get a discount from Fedex jus for opening a free account.

Adam
Old 11-07-2018, 01:15 PM
Red86Z51
Melting Slicks

Adam, you sure do...it's a heck of a lot less than buying shipping at the counter. Plus, once you're boxed and labeled, all you have to do is drop it off at the counter of your local FedEx...no waiting in line necessary. Just let them know you're labeled up and they'll have you set it on the conveyor belt and your on your way. No waiting, no hassle...and you save money. Win-win-win!

Dave
Old 11-10-2018, 01:41 PM
NewbVetteGuy
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Orange76L48
I ship all large items with FedEx. Open an account with them and your rates are cheaper. USPS rates are outrageously expensive for larger items and I would avoid them at all costs!!! FedEx covers your item up to $100 (included in initial quote) and charges an additional $1 for each $100 insured value after that. I have never had a damage claim with them. The USPS uses untrained gorillas to handle large packages...it's obvious by the condition the packages always arrive in. Maybe their (USPS) rates are so high because their gorillas are expensive to feed.
The people @ Fedex told me that they don't offer insurance and I'd have to get insurance from somewhere else if I wanted it; odd...
The discount for FedEx ground with a business account is 6% off.

Adam
Old 11-11-2018, 12:21 PM
Red86Z51
Melting Slicks

I believe my discount is 5% non-business. When you generate the shipping label, you are asked to declare the value of your package. FedEx covers damage loss at up to a maximum $100.00 for all ground shipments. If the value of your item is $500.00, you add that in the "declared value" box, and they charge you an additional $1.00 for each $100 of declared value over the initial covered $100.00 included damage/loss coverage. While it's true that their declared value is NOT actually "insurance", it does represent the maximum amount that FedEx would be liable to cover for missing packages or those damaged by them in transit. SO in a sense, the coverage is a form of insurance, because once the package is in their hands, they are not absolved from all liability.

In the case of a claim, It is YOUR responsibility to prove they are at fault to get them to pay a claim. How? For expensive items, take pictures of your item before it leaves your possession, make sure the shipping label is included in at least one photo. Make sure the photos are dated and timestamped. Taking a picture of the item in the box before you seal it to show proof of sufficient packing protection is always a BIG PLUS. If the buyer receives a damaged item, have them send you photo proof IMMEDIATELY! Photos must shpw the damaged item, the damaged box, and should also include a photo of the shipping label.

There is a great write-up on the FedEx website that covers all of this.

FedEx will ALWAYS be cheaper than USPS for large packages.

Good luck Adam!

Dave

Get notified of new replies

To Copper AT Harrison Radiator- Newly Reconditioned $125

Quick Reply: Copper AT Harrison Radiator- Newly Reconditioned $125