Notices
C3 Parts for Sale/Wanted C3 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS: L82 Oil Pan w Windage Tray & long mains bolts $50

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2018, 07:50 PM
NewbVetteGuy
Melting Slicks

Received 332 Likes on 281 Posts
Default L82 Oil Pan w Windage Tray & long mains bolts $50

FS: The famous L82 oil pan with the stock Windage tray that mounts to the extra long mains bolts and the long mains bolts.

I've given the wire brush, oil and wax remover, and rubbing alcohol treatment to the pan and then painted it with a few coats of Chevy Orange.

I'll post up a picture of the pan and windage tray tonight. I don't get the mains bolts back from the machine shop until this weekend, so I won't be able to ship this out until this weekend. I'm not sure whether the windage tray will work with a 2 bolt mains...

Adam
Old 10-29-2018, 07:55 PM
20round
Drifting

Received 77 Likes on 61 Posts
C2 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019

Originally Posted by NewbVetteGuy
FS: The famous L82 oil pan with the stock Windage tray that mounts to the extra long mains bolts and the long mains bolts.

I've given the wire brush, oil and wax remover, and rubbing alcohol treatment to the pan and then painted it with a few coats of Chevy Orange.

I'll post up a picture of the pan and windage tray tonight. I don't get the mains bolts back from the machine shop until this weekend, so I won't be able to ship this out until this weekend. I'm not sure whether the windage tray will work with a 2 bolt mains...

Adam
mark me down for first dibs please! i would like to pictures of course before i totally commit. let me know ..thanks troy
Old 10-29-2018, 08:04 PM
NewbVetteGuy
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by 20round
mark me down for first dibs please! i would like to pictures of course before i totally commit. let me know ..thanks troy
You're officially marked as "First Dibs". ;-)

Adam
Old 10-29-2018, 08:45 PM
GUSTO14
Le Mans Master

Received 1,962 Likes on 1,283 Posts

Adam
Adam, it should work on the two bolt main blocks (L48) as well, as the studs are the center bolts not the outer bolts. I've used one on my '73 L48.
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...dage-tray.html

GLWTS... GUSTO
Old 10-30-2018, 10:57 AM
NewbVetteGuy
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by GUSTO14
Adam, it should work on the two bolt main blocks (L48) as well, as the studs are the center bolts not the outer bolts. I've used one on my '73 L48.
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...dage-tray.html

GLWTS... GUSTO
Thanks; good to know!

Adam
Old 10-30-2018, 11:00 AM
NewbVetteGuy
Melting Slicks

Theres some oil stains on the inside of the pan and the windage tray and a little paint along the gasket rail- I’ll use my dremel wire brush to get rid of the paint along the rail tonight to ensure a good gasket sealing surface.
Old 10-30-2018, 11:15 AM
NewbVetteGuy
Melting Slicks

I should also say that I use flat black rust converter paint on basically everything iron or steel just as “anti-rust insurance”; if you scratch the paint you’ll probably see the black underneath. A good hard clear top coat would be a good idea. I just applied the last coat of Chevy orange last night and with the high 40s to high 50s temps in my garage the paint is curing very slowly.

Adam
Old 10-30-2018, 01:43 PM
NewbVetteGuy
Melting Slicks

20round, Just let me know if you're going to commit to it or not. If not I'm going to post it to a bunch of Corvette FB pages...

Adam
Old 10-30-2018, 05:19 PM
stingr69
Le Mans Master

Received 1,039 Likes on 805 Posts

If he does not need them, I do.

-Mark.
Old 10-30-2018, 07:41 PM
NewbVetteGuy
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by stingr69
If he does not need them, I do.

-Mark.
I'm going to give him until tomorrow; not everyone uses the internet as much as I do. -If not, it would be REALLY convenient for me to send you both the balancer and the oil pan / windage tray.

-You don't need any other L82 parts, do you? ;-)
(I've got the aluminum L82 intake at the machine shop being thrown in the hot tank to get the carbon off of it; L82 2.02" 882 heads, too. L82 cam w 14.6k miles on it...)

Adam
Old 10-31-2018, 09:17 AM
stingr69
Le Mans Master

I'm going to give him until tomorrow; not everyone uses the internet as much as I do. -If not, it would be REALLY convenient for me to send you both the balancer and the oil pan / windage tray.

(I've got the aluminum L82 intake at the machine shop being thrown in the hot tank to get the carbon off of it; L82 2.02" 882 heads, too. L82 cam w 14.6k miles on it...)

Adam
Adam,
I am building up from a bare block. I already have old double hump heads ready to go, nice LT-1 aluminum Intake ready to go, block is being worked on now, rotating assembly is done, got a carb that I might use, distributor is ready.

Need bolts/fasteners if you don't need them, oil filter mount, Distributor hold down, oil pump/pickup/driveshaft, front cover, valve covers, fuel pump mount, fuel pump pushrod, L-82 valve train pushrods.

-Mark.

Last edited by stingr69; 10-31-2018 at 09:19 AM.
Old 10-31-2018, 11:09 AM
NewbVetteGuy
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by stingr69
Adam,
I am building up from a bare block. I already have old double hump heads ready to go, nice LT-1 aluminum Intake ready to go, block is being worked on now, rotating assembly is done, got a carb that I might use, distributor is ready.

Need bolts/fasteners if you don't need them, oil filter mount, Distributor hold down, oil pump/pickup/driveshaft, front cover, valve covers, fuel pump mount, fuel pump pushrod, L-82 valve train pushrods.

-Mark.
I have got a nice cleaned-up set of the stock GM head bolts, stock oil pump/pickup/driveshaft (only 14.6k miles on it), Fuel Pump Mount, Fuel Pump Pushrod, a new fuel pump that I had installed for like 20 miles (old one died and now I'm doing an EFI conversion), I also have the L82 pushrods. -Everything is cleaned up already and looks nice.

We should do some sort of package deal. It will be cheaper to ship it all in one box, too, I think.
My valve covers are sold and gone, I need my oil filter mount and distributor hold down, and my front cover was in bad shape and got chucked into the trash.

Adam
Old 10-31-2018, 12:29 PM
stingr69
Le Mans Master

Adam,
Sent you a PM.
Old 10-31-2018, 07:37 PM
NewbVetteGuy
Melting Slicks

Well it's the end of my work day and I'm on West Coast time, so I'm officially calling the "2 day rule" on "20round" and the next in line for the oil pan passes to Stingr69.

-I owe you a couple PMs, but I'm going to be pretty busy tonight with neighborhood Halloween stuff until about 9:00pm West Coast time.
I got all the orange over-spray off of the oil pan last night, too. (I might even be able to sneak away for 5 minutes to apply some clear coat to the oil pan tonight...)

Adam
Old 10-31-2018, 08:28 PM
20round
Drifting

[QUOTE=NewbVetteGuy;1598248430]20round, Just let me know if you're going to commit to it or not. If not I'm going to post it to a bunch of Corvette FB pages...

Adam[/QUOTE

i will take it... send me your paypal...

Old 10-31-2018, 08:59 PM
20round
Drifting

Adam
sorry, my computer has been junk for the last day.. poor internet.. but i will take it.. let me know..thanks troy
Old 11-01-2018, 07:04 PM
NewbVetteGuy
Melting Slicks

sorry, my computer has been junk for the last day.. poor internet.. but i will take it.. let me know..thanks troy
At like 4:39pm west coast time yesterday evening I told Stingr69 he could have it since I didn't have a firm commitment from you and 2 work days had passed.

-I know it sucks; I missed a sale by MINUTES and also had a computer break within the past 6 months.
-If Stingr69 decides for some reason he doesn't want it, you're 2nd in line, but he seems to want a whole bunch of stuff from me so I'm pretty sure he wants it, barring some horrible shipping charges.

Adam
The following users liked this post:
20round (11-02-2018)
Old 11-02-2018, 08:44 AM
20round
Drifting

well keep me informed please, i really needed that pan...damn computers!!

Get notified of new replies

To L82 Oil Pan w Windage Tray & long mains bolts $50

Quick Reply: FS: L82 Oil Pan w Windage Tray & long mains bolts $50