Notices
C3 Parts for Sale/Wanted C3 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS: VB&P front leaf and lower arms sale/trade

Old 06-10-2019, 01:10 PM
jimco84x

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default VB&P front leaf and lower arms sale/trade

I have the lower control arms and matching composite leaf spring for a C3. They came with the spares package for my 69 when I purchased it. I've never installed these, but they do appear used. I don't think I'll ever use them so I'd rather sell or trade them. I don't have a clue what is a fair price, but it looks like they were around $750 when new. Maybe $500 plus actual shipping? Located in Central Fl and I expect shipping to be sort of expensive due to size and weight.

As for trades..Will trade up or down... Good SBC headers. 17 or 18 inch wheels..9-9.5 wide..Borgeson swap parts...(I have the box already)...The car will take a Pro-touring style, so anything toward that type build might be of interest. Will post pictures to show actual condition and exactly what is included.

Thanks
Old 06-10-2019, 07:13 PM
jimco84x

The spring is damaged. Waiting for reply as to it's safety ...will update as soon as I get confirmation. I didn't realize it was damaged when I made this post

Apologies
Old 06-11-2019, 06:35 AM
Rescue Rogers
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 826 Likes on 733 Posts
2016 C3 of Year Finalist

Thanks for the update
Old 06-11-2019, 08:57 AM
jimco84x

Default Update

Here's the update. The leaf appears to have impacted something at some time. I sent pictures to a person who is the most knowledgeable on composite springs that I could think of. He said that it should be fine. He did recommend scuffing/sanding the damaged area to clean it up some. The spring will need rubber or urethane bushings at the ends replaced. I'll attach 3 pictures, but have more for anybody interested. I'll also share the exact email response privately with any serious potential buyer. I don't take it as a 100% guarantee....this is still a used part. I see it as the opinion of an expert...if not THE expert. All that said...I'd drop it to $400/trade Plus shipping . I"m open to offers though also.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: FS: VB&P front leaf and lower arms sale/trade

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.