Notices
C3 Parts for Sale/Wanted C3 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS: Exhaust Manifolds LH Casting # 3872765 RH Casting # 3872778

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2019, 02:01 PM
cor66vette
Le Mans Master

Received 1,308 Likes on 690 Posts
C3 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019
C2 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019

Default Exhaust Manifolds LH Casting # 3872765 RH Casting # 3872778

I posted this in the C2 section also.

Exhaust Manifolds

LH Casting # 3872765

RH Casting # 3872778

These are good and solid exhaust manifolds from my 1968 L79. They were on the car when I bought it. I never had any issue whatsoever with these manifolds. The only reason I changed them out is because I added the smog set-up.

There are two issues that I bring to your attention.

1- These manifolds do have the holes for A.I.R., but some of the threads in some of the holes have been cross-threaded and/or stripped or enlarged. The previous owner plugged the holes with whatever plug or bolt he could find. Like I said these manifolds gave me no worries. If you intend to use these manifolds in a smog system, you’ll need to do some creative engineering to make them work. When these were on my car, there were no leaks of any kind and they functioned as manifolds should.

2- There is what appears to be some kind of repair made to the flange on one of the manifolds. From what I can see the threads are not affected. I never noticed this when the manifold was in use. I only noticed it when I photographed them.

Link to photos:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/utNJyMfzENqCL3q18

I also included a link to my corvetteforum thread where I asked questions about how to make these manifolds smog-ready. I don’t have what it takes to make them work, so I purchased another set. I know someone can use these, either as smog manifolds (with fixing) or regular manifolds, (with the smog holes tapped and plugged).

Link to forum thread:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ir-1968-a.html

Asking $175 + shipping.

Thank you for looking

Last edited by cor66vette; 06-15-2019 at 08:33 PM.

Quick Reply: FS: Exhaust Manifolds LH Casting # 3872765 RH Casting # 3872778