Notices
C3 Parts for Sale/Wanted C3 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS: Rear Suspension Parts For Sale

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2019, 04:01 PM
Lobzila
Pro

Received 105 Likes on 86 Posts
Default Rear Suspension Parts For Sale

Just got gone adding on a rear coil over kit to my car and no longer need the parts I took off. Once you go coil over, you never go back. Anyway, here is a list of parts and pictures of the parts. However, some of the parts may be a bit questionable and that is why the low price. Everything was rebuilt by me and has about a thousand miles on it and was working fine until my spindle broke and I went all new.

1. Left and right trailing arms

a. Left trailing arm has a broken spindle in it and the back side of it got a bit chewed up when the spindle broke. Has new trailing arm bushings, SS parking brake components, and

was powder coated. I have not taken it apart yet to see what will need to be replaced yet. You can have it with or without the new rotor. See pictures. 100.00

b. Right trailing arm is fine. However, the bearings did not press in when I rebuilt it. Not sure if I got the wrong ones, or just worn out, but it should be rebuilt for peace of mind on this. Also, on my car, it aligned okay, but all the shims were all on one side. You can have it with or without the new rotor as well. 125.00.

2. Composite leaf spring with 8" bolts. I have no idea the spring rating on it as I picked it up used. There is a manufacturer stamp on it and the number 95 as well. It fit on my big block 68 and picture showing the ride height. 100.00. Sold to Don's 70 Vert.

3. A pair of rear Bilstein shocks. 30.00. Sold to SPCL FX.

4. One set of brake lines, SS flexible lines. 25.00 for pair.

I priced this stuff out just to get rid of it as it will just collect dust in my already very filled garage.

Am hoping for a local pick up, but I saved the Van Steel boxes and can ship.

Composite Spring stamp

Broken spindle trailing arm

Last edited by Lobzila; 06-25-2019 at 09:17 AM. Reason: update sale.
Old 06-24-2019, 08:59 PM
SPCL FX
Burning Brakes

Received 214 Likes on 194 Posts

Pm sent !
Old 06-24-2019, 10:40 PM
1969 for 50 years
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I’ take the shocks if still available.
Old 06-25-2019, 09:06 AM
dons70vert
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pm sent
Old 06-25-2019, 09:25 AM
SPCL FX
Burning Brakes

Received 214 Likes on 194 Posts

Pm replied to!!
Old 06-29-2019, 02:04 AM
Lobzila
Pro

Shameless bump.
Still have the trailing arms, but each box weighs 57lbs. Was quoted at 112.00 per box to ship.
Will take 350 shipped to the lower 48 for both.
Anyone? Offer?
Old 07-01-2019, 10:27 AM
Lobzila
Pro

Now 300.00 shipped to lower 48 for both trailing arms.
So, you would be getting the powder coated trailing arms with new bushings installed, A pair of rotors stainless steel parking brake hardware, one good spindle, and a pair of stainless steel flexible brake lines.
Price for local pick up in North County San Diego would be 100.00.
Anyone, Bueller?
Old 07-07-2019, 01:32 AM
Lobzila
Pro

Parts are now free. Just pay shipping or come pick them up.
Located in North County San Diego.
Each box is 57lbs and will ship from 92054.
Old 07-07-2019, 03:19 PM
Hemi John
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Lobzila
Parts are now free. Just pay shipping or come pick them up.
Located in North County San Diego.
Each box is 57lbs and will ship from 92054.
PM sent
Old 07-09-2019, 01:15 PM
Lobzila
Pro

Still free, but cheapest quote to ship is still 117.00 per box. Hoping someone could use them locally.
Anyone?
Old 07-09-2019, 04:22 PM
Hemi John
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 54 Posts

Are the trailing arms original '69 GM powdercoated or aftermarket?
How bad is the damage on the trailing arm that broke?

I could use the parts if both trailing arms are good and will pay shipping but not a big deal if someone local to you can pick them up.Thx
Old 07-09-2019, 06:05 PM
Lobzila
Pro

Hemi John,
A local guy has offered to pick them up. Thanks.
Old 01-29-2020, 01:37 PM
TinCanSailor
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

My son and I are looking at doing this conversion. Do you mind sharing what your build included?
Old 01-29-2020, 02:30 PM
Lobzila
Pro

Not at all. I got a new set of offset trailing arms with new spindles from Van Steel. Also converted it all to coil over shocks. I did have to get a new/different set of brake lines as the ones from Van Steel did not fit on my car. Not there fault and was able to return them for a credit on the front set. Very simple swap on the coil overs. Welding the new upper shock reinforcement was the hardest part. You don;t have to do this, but it is an added peace of mind thing for me anyway. Only real issue I had was the knuckle head who bought my composite spring claimed it did not fit and demanded his money back. Not wanting to be "that guy" I refunded his money. He then asks me how to install it. The nerve of some people.
Good luck with yours and I can post some pictures if needed. But all in all, a very easy swap and after it gets aligned, will post up about the ride difference.
The following users liked this post:
TinCanSailor (01-29-2020)
Old 01-29-2020, 02:59 PM
TinCanSailor
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

We sincerely appreciate the speedy reply sir. My son is a welder so we would likely follow the same path you did for the reinforcement as we plan on doing some autocross once we are converted. The picture would be greatly appreciated, at your leisure of course. In regards to the brake lines where did you end up sourcing those from? Shaking my head about the knucklehead story but I would have done the same thing if I were in your place. One would think he would have asked about the install steps before hand though, sigh!

Originally Posted by Lobzila
Not at all. I got a new set of offset trailing arms with new spindles from Van Steel. Also converted it all to coil over shocks. I did have to get a new/different set of brake lines as the ones from Van Steel did not fit on my car. Not there fault and was able to return them for a credit on the front set. Very simple swap on the coil overs. Welding the new upper shock reinforcement was the hardest part. You don;t have to do this, but it is an added peace of mind thing for me anyway. Only real issue I had was the knuckle head who bought my composite spring claimed it did not fit and demanded his money back. Not wanting to be "that guy" I refunded his money. He then asks me how to install it. The nerve of some people.
Good luck with yours and I can post some pictures if needed. But all in all, a very easy swap and after it gets aligned, will post up about the ride difference.
Old 01-30-2020, 09:57 PM
Lobzila
Pro

Got the brake lines at a local hydraulic shop I used when I did the hydro boost system for my brake master cylinder. He does a lot of off road stuff out here in SoCal and just took him my fittings and length's and he basically said hold my beer and watch this.
The following users liked this post:
bmans vette (01-31-2020)

Get notified of new replies

To Rear Suspension Parts For Sale

Quick Reply: FS: Rear Suspension Parts For Sale