Notices
C3 Parts for Sale/Wanted C3 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm thinking about banging some on a vendor!!what happens to me??

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2004, 09:17 PM
Master Ho
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: I'm thinking about banging some on a vendor!!what happens to me?? (NOTHIN'LIKE'A'69')

:lurk: :lurk: :lurk:
Old 02-25-2004, 01:12 AM
Detroit Vette
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: I'm thinking about banging some on a vendor!!what happens to me?? (Master Ho)

:grouphug:
Old 02-25-2004, 07:24 AM
Twin_Turbo
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Re: I'm thinking about banging some on a vendor!!what happens to me?? (corvetteworks)

hmmmm..... :eek:
Old 02-25-2004, 10:24 AM
lvrpool32
Safety Car

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

Default Re: I'm thinking about banging some on a vendor!!what happens to me?? (Secret Squirrel)

This is the United States, a free country and young men and women are dying everyday to preserve our right of free speech, so you should speak your mind.

But IMHO you also need to be respectfull of other peoples opinions.
I have seen many debates on this forum on how bad Dr Rebuild is, I personally have never had a problem with them, in fact they are probably the most knowledgeable vendor I have met. They are not McDonalds with fake "how are you todays", "can I help you sir's", they keep it to business and that works for me.
I have dealt with Corvetteworks and had no issues, commuication was friendly and price was fair....they offered me a return on used parts if I was not happy, which is great and they do have some of the rarer parts that are difficult to find from some of the cars they part out.
If he says he is buying parts from here for his own cars, then without evidence to the contrary, we have to believe him.
We need supporting vendors, be it for used or new parts and I for one appreciate them being on here.

Cheers
Nick

[Modified by lvrpool32, 9:25 AM 2/25/2004]
Old 02-25-2004, 03:46 PM
stingry
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06

Default Re: I'm thinking about banging some on a vendor!!what happens to me?? (Secret Squirrel)

I have bought from Corvetteworks on several occasions. Most of the time in reply to my WTB posts. Isn't that the whole purpose of WTB posts to find the part you cannot find anywhere else?

Corvetteworks has OFFERED me hard to find items at prices which I chose to ACCEPT. I never felt any pressure, the price was reasonable and I usually get it at my door in 4-5 days by FEDEX.

I would prefer that I was the only guy who got freebies and cheap stuff from other CF members but I like many other miss out most of the time. It is the luck of the draw. I am just greatful for the few feebies, occasional bargain pieces and free advice I can get from the forum.

I really don't see any value in continuing a slam session on the CF about people in particular. If you have a gripe with a particular person take it up with them. If you were financially ripped off go ahead and warn us, BUT if you missed out on a hard to get part then join the club!

Lets bury the hatchets guys!
:cheers:
Old 02-25-2004, 04:39 PM
BeaterShark
Drifting

Default Re: I'm thinking about banging some on a vendor!!what happens to me?? (corvetteworks)

You better put up some names because the only thing i have bought here is parts i use on my own cars.
I was pretty much with you until you make this claim. A simple and easy search will find many posts where you are looking for parts for a "customer's" car or a car you are "working" on. I don't know if you consider those your "own" cars.

I don't exactly like venders here snatching up good deals, but that is *my* problem and I don't hold anything against you for this, and if I would, again it would be *my* problem. Let's face it, without supporting venders, this forum may not exist.

So, again, now I have a problem in that you have repeatily stated in this thread that you only buy parts here for your "own" cars, which appears to be untrue.
Old 02-25-2004, 06:04 PM
NOTHIN'LIKE'A'69'
Racer

Default Re: I'm thinking about banging some on a vendor!!what happens to me?? (BeaterShark)

I've been talking to corvetteworks over email and I now believe him when he says that the parts he inquires about are indeed for his own use. I admit I might of been too quick to judge him on this forum. I have no problem with him buying or selling stuff on this forum as long as he is not buying from one member and selling to another for a profit. I got pissed when I saw a "vendor" trying to purchase items that I was interested in. He has in fact been helpful in offering to help me with some info and to save some money on some parts on my car. I'm sure that a few of you out there will think I'm selling out or backing down to C.W. but once I have talked to him and found out that he does have alot to offer this site my mind has changed. I hope anyone reading this thread will not hold anything against corvetteworks in future deals on parts. This has just been a couple of guys voicing their opinions and settling a dispute positively. Thanks :cheers:
Old 02-25-2004, 06:48 PM
Twin_Turbo
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Re: I'm thinking about banging some on a vendor!!what happens to me?? (NOTHIN'LIKE'A'69')

Free market economy, stuff will be sold to highest bidder right???

As for buying stuff from under peoples faces, some people here have poor selling ethics too. Just when you think a deal has been forged you get surprised to hear the item in question has been sold. So much for wasting time arranging shipping.
Old 02-25-2004, 08:38 PM
LiveandLetDrive
Melting Slicks

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Default Re: I'm thinking about banging some on a vendor!!what happens to me?? (Twin_Turbo)

Sounds like you're bitter about some old transactions, and are not taking it out on who you should be, the seller. Or even more likely it was just an honest misunderstanding and the seller took whoever he noticed first.

The guy is a supporting vendor, and pays $250/month to use this website to sell whatever he can. Doesn't sound like he's exactly a huge corporation who sends free catalogs to every registered address in the country. He has his own cars, and alot of them, so obviously he'll be buying things here, that's his right too! I'm sure some of the other vendors have bought things for themselves on here, he's just caught you attention because you happened to have a couple mixups before. There is no malicious intent here, get over it.

-Chris
Old 02-25-2004, 09:09 PM
Detroit Vette
Melting Slicks

Default Re: I'm thinking about banging some on a vendor!!what happens to me?? (RUXperienced)

Hey, thanks for the kind words. I needed a tissue after reading your posts :lolg: NOTHIN'LIKE'A'69' and i beat each other up through private email, and then hugged and made up. He is actually a pretty good guy who is going to be picking up my bear tab when i go to Boston in a few weeks.
:party:

I think my problem here is that i was just a regular forum member for many years. Then when i started corvetteworks i had to become a supporting vendor. I was kind of hoping that it would not change anything?? I still try to help people out here as much as possible. I often give things to people for dealer cost. The times that i have looked here for things for customer cars, i always state that in the email. I hope that we can now put this to rest. :grouphug:
Old 02-25-2004, 11:17 PM
stinky
Burning Brakes

I hope this finally settles things. I can only say good things about CW in my few transactions with him and will continue to support him based on those experiences. I can only wish that everyones buys/sales were always on the up and up but s...t does happen, I'm sorry it happened to you. At least its not Ebay.
Old 02-26-2004, 02:52 AM
LiveandLetDrive
Melting Slicks

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Default Re: I'm thinking about banging some on a vendor!!what happens to me?? (stinky)

At least its not Ebay.
:lolg: :lolg: Amen.
Old 02-26-2004, 08:16 AM
Rottenrob
Burning Brakes

"... He is actually a pretty good guy who is going to be picking up my bear tab when i go to Boston in a few weeks..."

:confused: didn't know there were too many of those furry critters in Boston.. now Chicago that's different. :jester
Old 02-26-2004, 10:11 AM
JLMvette73
Instructor

For what it's worth, I can't say anything but good about Scott (CorvetteWorks). When I was looking for a good, rust free frame for my '73 last summer, he found me not one, but rather three to choose from. And the price was definitely right. I had the pleasure of meeting him when I picked up the frame and you couldn't ask for a more pleasant person to deal with. I won't hesitate to call him again when the need arises.

In general, I've had nothing but good experiences with the individuals here that i've bought items from. Besides the frame from Scott, I've bought a complete, new VB&P suspension from LastRide, a new front bumper PaulBorowski and just this past week a new GM crate engine from valu8or ( I think I spelled that right :crazy: ).

One just couldn't ask for a better group of folks to deal with.............
:D

Jerry

[Modified by JLMvette73, 9:52 AM 2/26/2004]
Old 02-26-2004, 02:55 PM
PRNDL
Team Owner

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

Default Re: I'm thinking about banging some on a vendor!!what happens to me?? (JLMvette73)

So, Secret Squirrel, since you started this thread..... who were you talking about? :confused: Are your issues resolved also, or was your thread totally hijacked ? MJ
Old 02-26-2004, 04:33 PM
Detroit Vette
Melting Slicks

Default Re: I'm thinking about banging some on a vendor!!what happens to me?? (MNJack)

Me to. I want to know who the Secret Squirrel is????
Old 02-26-2004, 05:16 PM
Secret Squirrel
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Re: I'm thinking about banging some on a vendor!!what happens to me?? (MNJack)

Issue resolved thanks MJ :)

No names no packdrill
Old 02-26-2004, 09:59 PM
ductape
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 91 Likes on 63 Posts
Cruise-In V Veteran

SHEEEEZZZZ! I'm glad that's over :eek:
Old 02-28-2004, 05:27 PM
SHAKERATTLEROLL
Melting Slicks

Default Re: I'm thinking about banging some on a vendor!!what happens to me?? (ductape)

I do understand some of the members that were upset by transactions that have happened here on these wonderful boards. Some of the members here that own a corvette come in here not only for helpful hints and tricks to help them along with there love for the corvette but also for parts from time to time to purchase at a good price since they do not have green backs falling out of there pockets. And to that end they have to work and some very long hours of which keeps them off of the boards to find good deals where as a few people here do spend allot of time on the boards and so are able to jump in and purchase the good deals before the people that as I said do not have a bank behind them even get a chance to get a part that may help them go forward with there project. So by that some of these people may feel cheated and left out by the more well funded people out there. So I do understand where they are coming from as I am also someone that does not have extra funds falling out of my pockets.

But I would like to say I have also missed out on some great deals but I have also found that if you need a part then please by all means say WTB and you will or should get some good replies to that query some might be high and others might even like to trade as they may have some parts you need and visa versa. There very well maybe a few people on these boards and many others that there sole purpose is to profit by our madness for corvette's or to make there hobby of the corvette more affordable to them. But I feel for the most part people on these boards are here to learn or teach what they may know about all facets of the corvette and to help each other out. :)

Hey that's Oil not Root Beer but hey it tastes pretty good and goes down smooth. lol :)

Quick Reply: I'm thinking about banging some on a vendor!!what happens to me??