Notices
C3 Parts for Sale/Wanted C3 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm thinking about banging some on a vendor!!what happens to me??

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2004, 07:47 AM
Secret Squirrel
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I'm thinking about banging some on a vendor!!what happens to me??

Most every time i see(one in particular)a vendor posting here it turns my guts.
Going by their prices and the trend of "real-world" prices i know for a fact that they are scammers.
Buying gear from ebay for FA and selling it here for a huge profit.

Can i voice my opinion .....or will i be hurled to the chit-heap??
:confused:
Is this for sale section about vette guys helping vette guys or is it a forum to help line the pockets of second-hand business men :confused:
Old 02-23-2004, 09:05 AM
MaxxSmoke
Advanced

Default Re: I'm thinking about banging some on a vendor!!what happens to me?? (Secret Squirrel)

don't do it you'll get trashed.
Old 02-23-2004, 07:16 PM
Mr D.
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,481 Likes on 1,001 Posts

Default Re: I'm thinking about banging some on a vendor!!what happens to me?? (Secret Squirrel)

Yea, you don’t want to get caught exercising your right to Free Speech in an open forum. :D
Old 02-23-2004, 08:48 PM
ductape
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 91 Likes on 63 Posts
Cruise-In V Veteran

I'd say if you've got a legit gripe, try to get them to make it right. If they don't, tell us so we'll know what to watch for. :yesnod:

The problem I've found is if you say someone here got you, someone else will say they've never had a problem. I've been ripped by a couple, (vendors, not forum members) but I've noticed someone else likes the same ones. I guess you'll have to use your own judgement on this one, just be willing to let the free speech thing run both ways :D

[Modified by ductape, 1:50 AM 2/24/2004]
Old 02-23-2004, 08:58 PM
Secret Squirrel
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Re: I'm thinking about banging some on a vendor!!what happens to me?? (ductape)

Thank's guys, i think i'll just zip it :thumbs:
Old 02-23-2004, 09:28 PM
Detroit Vette
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is it me? Please tell :boxing :jester
Old 02-24-2004, 03:13 PM
NOTHIN'LIKE'A'69'
Racer

Default Re: I'm thinking about banging some on a vendor!!what happens to me?? (corvetteworks)

Yes it is you..... I wont do business with you because more than once you have tried to jump in on deals that I was working on in this forum.... Vendors should not be allowed to buy in this forum... You can advertise and that way people know how to get in touch with you to buy or sell items... I have no problem with you trying to make a buck....but I thought this forum was for members to talk and help each other out.... On more than one occasion I have given parts that I no longer needed to other members....and vice versa.... Just looking to make my car better without going broke and hopefully make a few friends while doing so....... just my 2cents. :cheers:
Old 02-24-2004, 03:22 PM
Detroit Vette
Melting Slicks

Default Re: I'm thinking about banging some on a vendor!!what happens to me?? (NOTHIN'LIKE'A'69')

who are you and what the hell are you talking about? Please name one part that i have done that on. I have never bought and resold anything on this forum. NEVER! I am usually the cheapest seller on here. Please list for me the parts i have done that on
Old 02-24-2004, 03:24 PM
Detroit Vette
Melting Slicks

Default Re: I'm thinking about banging some on a vendor!!what happens to me?? (corvetteworks)

By the way. I have never bought anything on ebay and resold it here, or vise versa. I only sell the parts off cars i buy and part out.
Old 02-24-2004, 04:44 PM
redvetracr
Race Director

Received 174 Likes on 160 Posts

I only sell the parts off cars i buy and part out.
There must be someone using you name then because you ARE selling NEW trailing arms and NEW core supports, if I were you I contact a moderator (your good at that) and tell them you are the victim of identity theft!!
...redvetracr
Old 02-24-2004, 05:21 PM
NOTHIN'LIKE'A'69'
Racer

Default Re: I'm thinking about banging some on a vendor!!what happens to me?? (redvetracr)

I refuse to give you auctual items or sellers...... I dont want to drag any of them into this.... over the past two months 3 items I have purchased on the forum each seller told me over the phone that you had contacted them to purchase the items..... ARE YOU USING THESE ITEMS FOR YOUR OWN PERSONAL CAR???? NO!!! ... you are buying them from members and selling to members for a profit.... Why don't you take the money you have made from this site and develop your own site to buy and sell corvette parts. Place a link on the forum.... I bet you would do more business looking like a established respectable business! Stop profiting to forum members! .........................now you can go cry to a moderator! :mad
Old 02-24-2004, 05:29 PM
79VetteMike
Melting Slicks

Default Re: I'm thinking about banging some on a vendor!!what happens to me?? (NOTHIN'LIKE'A'69')

Yes it is you..... I wont do business with you because more than once you have tried to jump in on deals that I was working on in this forum.... Vendors should not be allowed to buy in this forum... You can advertise and that way people know how to get in touch with you to buy or sell items... I have no problem with you trying to make a buck....but I thought this forum was for members to talk and help each other out.... On more than one occasion I have given parts that I no longer needed to other members....and vice versa.... Just looking to make my car better without going broke and hopefully make a few friends while doing so....... just my 2cents. :cheers:
:iagree: I've gotten angry a few times because I've tried to sell or buy things before, but gotten black-balled by a vendor on here. This vendor is not the only person I have seen do this though. I agree-this forum is for people-not businesses to try to profit from the people here.
Old 02-24-2004, 05:30 PM
Detroit Vette
Melting Slicks

You better put up some names because the only thing i have bought here is parts i use on my own cars. I only sell parts that come from my own parts cars on this forum. Or of course new parts. PLEASE LIST THE PARTS THAT YOU THINK I HAVE DONE THIS ON. I run a very respectable business. As far as redvettracer is concerened, pay attention before you publicly make dumb comments. I did not say i was not selling parts here. As a matter of fact i sell most of my parts here on this forum. SEE THE SUPPORTING VENDOR TAG? THAT MEANS I PAY 250.00 PER MONTH TO SELL WHATEVER PARTS I WANT HERE. I list all kinds of stuff here new and used. NOT ONE SINGLE PIECE I HAVE SOLD WAS PURCHASED AND RESOLD HERE> THAT IS A FACT. :boxing :boxing :boxing So come on and post your proof fo us to all see.
Old 02-24-2004, 05:42 PM
NOTHIN'LIKE'A'69'
Racer

no....I'm not going to post the items...If I did then you would know the seller and this isnt their argument. I don't keep tabs on your inventory and watch ever item that is bought or sold on this site....all I know is my past experiences with you trying to ****** up items.... look how fast your responses have been to my comments today! You sit at your computer and try to ****** up all new items advertised here by members. I don't care about the lousy $250 you spend each month .... in the long run it cost me and other members $$$ with your little corvette forum means of capitalism..... I'm not trying to get into a pissing contest with you over "listing the items" I'm trying to raise some attention to members and moderators to show that what I believe is the original intention of the corvette forum "parts for sale" section is being compromised by some"suppporting vendors"
Old 02-24-2004, 05:47 PM
redvetracr
Race Director

Received 174 Likes on 160 Posts

By the way. I have never bought anything on ebay and resold it here, or vise versa. I only sell the parts off cars i buy and part out.
READ the last line and tell me exactly who is NOT paying attention!! Posted above you said "I ONLY sell the parts off cars i buy and part out"
...redvetracr
Old 02-24-2004, 05:53 PM
Detroit Vette
Melting Slicks

WRONG! i have not bought a single part from a forum member in many many many months. In the past if there was a part that i beat you to i am sorry. That's life. One thing is for sure, i have not bought anything from a member and resold for profit. :lurk: I own 5 corvettes of my own. I have in fact bought many parts in the past on this forum to stick on my cars. But like i said it was a long time ago.
I wanted to mention one other thing. My ebay user name is corvettework-us. PLEASE go and check my history. You will see that the only thing i sell there is new parts and a few misc parts from cars i have parted. I can promise that none of them came from here.
Old 02-24-2004, 05:57 PM
NOTHIN'LIKE'A'69'
Racer

I'm confused??? Why do you pay $250 a month for the vendor tag if you only used this stuff for your own "5 personal cars" ????
:confused:

Get notified of new replies

To I'm thinking about banging some on a vendor!!what happens to me??

Old 02-24-2004, 06:07 PM
Detroit Vette
Melting Slicks

Hmm, you do not seem to be very attentive? If you read the post more carefully you would see that i said i buy parts from here only for my personal cars. I only sell stuff that is brand new, or from cars i part. I am done wasting my time with this. Your claims are a bunch of crap and hold no water.

Old 02-24-2004, 06:53 PM
Detroit Vette
Melting Slicks

I think i have this figured out. I tryed to buy a set of sidepipe covers for my 69 from a forum member a few weeks ago. Apparently i stepped on someones foot by trying to buy them. I don't see how i did anything wrong? I was just trying to buy a hard to find item for my car. I think that sucks, because i am a vendor i can't buy things off this forum for my own cars?? :confused: I was a member here for over 3 years before i started corvetteworks. Anyway i just want everyone to know that these thing that were said about my company are not true. I do not conduct the type of business this guy is saying i do. I challenge anyone to come forward with proof that i have done the things this guy said. It has never happened.
Old 02-24-2004, 07:09 PM
NOTHIN'LIKE'A'69'
Racer

From my end this is how things looked..... The same vendor has tried to buy the same items as me and also seems to make offers on just about every listing...or offers to sell something to anyone with a WTB post.... It appears that you use this site as your primary means of business.... If you are buying things for your own personal use why not just have another screen name for that. If you say that you are buying stuff your your own collection that is fine... there is no way for anyone to know that when your buying stuff under a company name. I'm sure you run a respectable company. My only issue has been with a company coming in here and squeezing the car owners. I'm a small business owner myself and my intentions where not to kill your business. I hope your business does well and is profitable as long as it is not at my expense. :cheers:

Quick Reply: I'm thinking about banging some on a vendor!!what happens to me??