C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

selling a 1969 covertible 427/435 L-71 what is worth in the forum opinion

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2005, 10:56 PM
TFranchini
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default selling a 1969 covertible 427/435 L-71 what is worth in the forum opinion

this is what it has
monaco orange original paint excellent quality one scratch of hood 2 inches
two tops convertible and vinyle hardtop
4 speed muncie 3.70
am-fm radio
side pipes
fender louvers
no modifications on the car
everything works everything fiber optics, washers, headlight washers etc.
the car had a replacement engine about 9 monts after the purchase
bought in sept 68 and had the new engine in May 69
same engine L-71
what do you think it is worth
again a beautiful car in and out excellent condition, drives straight strong and true
Old 03-05-2005, 11:37 PM
Cali,68,L-79
Le Mans Master

pics?
Old 03-06-2005, 12:21 AM
codestar7
Burning Brakes

Default Sounds Beautifull

Can we see it?
Old 03-06-2005, 12:40 AM
A C
Le Mans Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Originally Posted by TFranchini
this is what it has
monaco orange original paint excellent quality one scratch of hood 2 inches
two tops convertible and vinyle hardtop
4 speed muncie 3.70
am-fm radio
side pipes
fender louvers
no modifications on the car
everything works everything fiber optics, washers, headlight washers etc.
the car had a replacement engine about 9 monts after the purchase
bought in sept 68 and had the new engine in May 69
same engine L-71
what do you think it is worth
again a beautiful car in and out excellent condition, drives straight strong and true
Fender louvers...do you mean louver trim?

Everything working is definitely a bonus....especially the little stuff like the headlight washers and fiber optics. The NOM part might make the car take a little hit. A lot of the options you have are very common for 69's...the sidepipes are definitely a plus.

Here's my opinon...for what it's worth...

You have a 69, which seems to be what most guys are after when they are looking at C3s. It's a vert, which was made in bigger numbers than the coupe, but now it's worth more. It's Monaco Orange, which won't be as good as red or black on the aution block, but some guys like the unique colors, and it's worth more than it was say 10 years ago. It's a 435 car....does it still have the intake setup on it? That alone is worth a few grand..in parts. The NOM part will hurt the value in the end, but guys are paying a lot more now than they used to for NOM cars if they are originally rare cars.

I am thinking 30K for it if it would qualify as a "survivor" at the shows. More if it's in very nice condition.
Old 03-06-2005, 04:58 AM
RHD '68 L89
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

T,
You don't seem to have had it long, Have you decided to move on to another project?
If there is documentation on the replacement motor under warranty it will not hurt the value as much as a non matching motor.
Old 03-06-2005, 10:01 AM
JB
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Contributor

Originally Posted by A C
Fender louvers...do you mean louver trim?

Everything working is definitely a bonus....especially the little stuff like the headlight washers and fiber optics. The NOM part might make the car take a little hit. A lot of the options you have are very common for 69's...the sidepipes are definitely a plus.

Here's my opinon...for what it's worth...

You have a 69, which seems to be what most guys are after when they are looking at C3s. It's a vert, which was made in bigger numbers than the coupe, but now it's worth more. It's Monaco Orange, which won't be as good as red or black on the aution block, but some guys like the unique colors, and it's worth more than it was say 10 years ago. It's a 435 car....does it still have the intake setup on it? That alone is worth a few grand..in parts. The NOM part will hurt the value in the end, but guys are paying a lot more now than they used to for NOM cars if they are originally rare cars.

I am thinking 30K for it if it would qualify as a "survivor" at the shows. More if it's in very nice condition.
I'd agree with the above except for the "little hit" on the NOM motor. From what I've seen, the car would probably be worth $5K more if it had a properly dated matching #s block.

JB
Old 03-06-2005, 12:00 PM
PRNDL
Team Owner

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

Given the overheated nature of the classic car market, sounds like to me it would be worth $40 - $80k .... depending on .... lots of things. come on! "excellent quality paint" .... 2 top vert.... bigblock sidepipes... "no modifications on the car" <= presume that means original configuration. Pretty much all the high$$ goodies.
Old 03-06-2005, 12:03 PM
mstanton
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't really know the market value, but if the car is as good as it sounds, I'd pay $30k.
Old 03-06-2005, 04:44 PM
TedH
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 66 Likes on 53 Posts

I came very close to buying a '69 L89 in January. When the owner realized what he had and tested the market, he found the demand far exceeded the asking price and promptly pulled it off of the market. I can only assume that he re-priced it into the stratosphere. At the time, he had stored it in a warehouse for the last five years and was asking $32K (the same price he wanted 5 years ago). The car had about 72k miles and was all original. I'd bet you could ask close to $40K and have plenty of buyers (if you had pictures) and provided more history of the car.
Old 03-06-2005, 04:50 PM
carbster09
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts

Default yeah prices?

What about mileage and overall condition. correctly prepped maybe a $40k car....maybe more?

Get notified of new replies

To selling a 1969 covertible 427/435 L-71 what is worth in the forum opinion

Quick Reply: selling a 1969 covertible 427/435 L-71 what is worth in the forum opinion