C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil Leak At Intake Manifold..

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2005, 08:28 PM
schi74
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil Leak At Intake Manifold..

I Have A Small Oil Leak At One Of The Bolts That Connect At The Intake Manifold, Tightened And No Change. Is There A Way To Seal The Area And If So What Would One Use?
Old 08-09-2005, 08:48 PM
pcfred
Safety Car

Received 141 Likes on 93 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Originally Posted by schi74
I Have A Small Oil Leak At One Of The Bolts That Connect At The Intake Manifold, Tightened And No Change. Is There A Way To Seal The Area And If So What Would One Use?
Yes, some use ATV, some use pipe sealer. Pull the bolt out and coat lower portion with sealer, reinsert and torque.
Old 08-10-2005, 09:33 AM
GasketDude
Racer

All of the threaded intake bolt holes, in the heads, are "through holes", they're open at the end. Oil will eventually migrate up the threads and pool on top of your intake. Older engines with high mileage will have more ring blow-by, which pressurizes the crankcase. This psi only makes the (all) leakage worse.

Use sealer, such as mentioned above, on the threads of the bolts. Start in the middle of the intake pattern and remove one at time using the sealer fix. Buy or borrow a torque wrench to tighten the bolts correctly. Off the top off my head, torque is 35 ft lbs, but look it up to be sure.

Have fun,
Later.
Old 08-12-2005, 07:59 PM
schi74
Intermediate

thank you.

Get notified of new replies

To Oil Leak At Intake Manifold..

Quick Reply: Oil Leak At Intake Manifold..