Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > C3 Corvettes, 1968 - 1982 > C3 Tech/Performance
Reload this Page >

Are there any Super/Turbo Chargers or Cold Air Intake for a 1981 Stock Corvette?

C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette

Are there any Super/Turbo Chargers or Cold Air Intake for a 1981 Stock Corvette?

Old 08-02-2001, 08:26 PM
Andy1983
CF Senior Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Are there any Super/Turbo Chargers or Cold Air Intake for a 1981 Stock Corvette?

I have recently bought my first corvette, and I like the Corvette with the little lip on the back, so I decided to go for a 100% stock perfect 81 vette. I hate the fact it is only 190 hp (I formerly owned a 73' Gran Torino with a 351C 360+ hp), so I am looking for a quick boost of power.

I decided to go with a hypertech chip, and new exhaust, but I would like some real power. If you have any suggestions WITHOUT having to screw around with the engine much, please tell me some info. I am a converted Ford guy, who couldn't resist a Corvette. :cheers:
Old 08-02-2001, 09:00 PM
BSeery
CF Senior Member

Location: Exiled to Richmond, VA - Finally sold my house in Murfreesboro, TN ?? Corner of "Bumf*&k and 'You've got a purdy mouth'."
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
CI 6-7-8 Veteran
CI-VIII Burnout Champ
St. Jude Donor '06-'10, '13
Default Re: Are there any Super/Turbo Chargers or Cold Air Intake for a 1981 Stock Corvette? (Andy1983)

The stock air filter should have a dual cold air intake. If you do not have this you may want to restore the car to stock.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Are there any Super/Turbo Chargers or Cold Air Intake for a 1981 Stock Corvette?

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: