C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette

headlight switches and horn relays

Old 08-03-2001, 11:07 AM
Skruball73
CF Senior Member

Location: Inside every color vette there is a blue one trying to come out!
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default headlight switches and horn relays

My 73 horn doesn't work and I was wondering if the horn relay for the vette might have been used on any other chevy models of that year or year range. Also same question for the head light switch. When I got the vehicle none of the dash lights worked, I replaced the burned out fuse and still no lights, then later when I was checking on the license plate light, the dask lights began working by themselves. The question of interchangable parts comes because my 2 local auto shops don't carry the parts any more. :confused:
Old 08-03-2001, 11:30 AM
Norman Warfield
CF Senior Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: headlight switches and horn relays (Skruball73)

Horn relays are fairly generic,unless you're going out for show, most any off the shelf relay will work. You will be able to find one with the proper wire configuration without difficulty, perhaps even a direct replacement.

However I did look through my parts interchange book and there was nothing on horn relays. I hope this has been a little help anyhow..........

Good luck; ................Norm,
Old 08-03-2001, 11:33 AM
Mack
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: headlight switches and horn relays (Norman Warfield)

I think you can get a horn relay from one of the catalog vendors like Zip, Mid-America, Eckler's, etc. I'm not sure, but I don't think the headlight switches are being made by any one now. You might see if Gary Gruhala can come up with one that works.
Old 08-03-2001, 11:43 AM
Norman Warfield
CF Senior Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: headlight switches and horn relays (Skruball73)

Hey it's me again, Ibought a headlight switch assembly from Dr. Rebuild this was about year ago and it was around $69.00 if he has any more they will probably be up around $80.00 now, because of thier rareity. I bough mine 'cause I know someday it will go bad, and as ling as I have that replacement it will stay in working order........You know; "murphy's insurance"!

You can get "Dr.Rebuild: on the internet he has an on line catalog I beleive.

:cheers: Norm'

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: headlight switches and horn relays

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: