C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seat covers over Vinyl - need pictures please.

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2001, 02:27 AM
Juliet
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Seat covers over Vinyl - need pictures please.

My car has bright blue vinyl interior. It's staying that way (I'm one of those NCRS purists). But in the summer the vinyl gets hot and stickey and I just don't like it. :rolleyes: So I want to get some sort of decent looking held on by elastic seat covers to go over the vinyl. Something nice, which will help with the summer heat, yet something I can remove easily for winter time or when I'm in I want my car to look original mode. What color / brand / supplier / style seat covers are you folks using in your sharks? Anyone got pictures & sources? Should I go with white (ragtop color) or black? I seriously doubt I'll find blue which matches... Here are some pictures. ANy ideas? Thanks! ~Juliet

[Modified by Juliet, 1:32 AM 8/4/2001]
Old 08-04-2001, 04:25 AM
MIKER
Melting Slicks

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Re: Seat covers over Vinyl - need pictures please. (Juliet)

How about some of those Wet-Okole seat covers?
http://www.wetokole.com/covers.htm
Old 08-05-2001, 01:07 PM
Alwyn678
Team Owner

Received 141 Likes on 124 Posts

I have sheepskins and I love them....Cool in the summer and warm in the winter,,,,,,,,,,,and They feel great to snuggle down in......I got mine for like 200 bucks and they are 1 inch pile sheepskin.....spend a little mor and u will be happy :seeya
Old 08-05-2001, 02:26 PM
Juliet
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: Seat covers over Vinyl - need pictures please. (Alwyn678)

I was thinking about black sheepskin because white would look too fluffy in a vette I think. They do stay cool in summer OK then? You woldn't happen to have a picture Alwyn would you? :D I was thinking they might be warmer than the vinyl.. though I do suppose they'll breathe. Maybe I'll get a set up at Carlisle this year. I'm sure someone will be selling them up there. Thanks, Juliet
Old 08-05-2001, 02:49 PM
Alwyn678
Team Owner

Received 141 Likes on 124 Posts

Yeah I will take a pic and show you...I have tan sheepskiin and I love them...Also improves the seating position and VERY cool in the summer...I would Highly recommend themthey look great also

Get notified of new replies

To Seat covers over Vinyl - need pictures please.

Quick Reply: Seat covers over Vinyl - need pictures please.