C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corvette Clubs

Old 08-19-2001, 08:19 PM
HawkIVette
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Corvette Clubs

Have been kicking around the idea of joining a corvette club. How many of you out there are club members?

What things do your clubs do that you enjoy the most?

Things that tend to bring you down about clubs?

Any other comments?
Old 08-19-2001, 09:07 PM
Steve Grodin
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Corvette Clubs (Rich's75)

I've been a member of the Northern California Corvette Association, Americas Oldest Incorported Corvette Club, for 20 years. We do drag racing, auto crossing, car shows, and tours. We have a charitable foundation from which we donate money to local chariaties. Advantages of membership: friendships, exchange of information. nccacorvettes.org
Old 08-19-2001, 09:28 PM
Bill W
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Rich:

Clubs can be good or bad. It depends on what you are looking for in the club. Some clubs are more social and less event oriented. Some the opposite. Some are mostly older folks and some are mixed. In some, most members have C5s and some lean more toward the NCRS type of car. In my part of the country there are a half dozen Corvette clubs to choose from. I'd suggest going to the events of a few clubs and just start talking to the people. It won't take long to figure out the ones your'e comfortable with and a club fit you needs.
Old 08-19-2001, 10:08 PM
HawkIVette
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Re: Corvette Clubs (Bill W)

Thanks for the advice, Bill. I did go to one Vette Only event recently, and felt very welcome by the members, but felt out of place sort of because I was about the youngest one there. Most members were 10 to 20 years older than me and most were newer (C5) vettes, as you stated.
Not that that was a problem, as I did like their social attitude (not all racing talk and motorheads, which I am not much into that).

I am not sure about club etiquite (sp?), but can a Vette owner belong to more than one club?
Old 08-19-2001, 10:28 PM
BSeery
Team Owner

Location: Exiled to Richmond, VA - Finally sold my house in Murfreesboro, TN ?? Corner of "Bumf*&k and 'You've got a purdy mouth'."
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CI 6-7-8 Veteran
CI-VIII Burnout Champ
St. Jude Donor '06-'10, '13

I do belong to a local Corvette club, and really enjoy it. There are about 10 different clubs in the Phoenix area, but this was the largest and most active of them.

For a local club check out http://www.corvettesnccc.org or http://www.westregionnccc.com/ .

I also am heading up an "internet" club. No dues or meetings. We plan to have get togeathers at the larger national events such as Carlise, Rt. 66, Cruise Inn and the like.
E-mail me at RedHotVettes@home.com or see our web page by clicking on the Red Hot Vettes logo below to go to our home page for more information.
Old 08-19-2001, 11:56 PM
82dukman
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I belong to a local club and love it. The main reason I joined was that there are no committments. If you can come to a run or event cool, if not, no big deal. Mine has runs,cruises and shows I get a lot of technical advice from these guys. :yesnod:
If there is one locally, I say GO FOR IT they, along with the forum, can only help :cheers: Most of the members are my age (mid 30's) or older

[Modified by 82dukman, 12:05 AM 8/20/2001]
Old 08-20-2001, 12:06 AM
Chris@VetteFinders
Platinum Supporting Dealership

I belong to a couple clubs. Most of the members are old enough to be my parents. I have always had friends that are a lot older than me though. Not sure why, but I think it is a lot better than having all younger ones.

One of the clubs I belong to had a very diverse mix of people. Unfortunately, several of the members resented a lot of the younger, newer members. Could be social status, wealth, looks, intelligence, or all of the above. Unfortunately, these members pretty much destroyed the club.

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette Clubs

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Corvette Clubs