C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Return line for TPI?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2006, 11:55 AM
Nacho_Libre
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Return line for TPI?

It is my understanding we need a return line in order to convert our cars to TPI. Can I adapt the line from the charcoal cannister as a return line? It already goes through the frame and back to the vicinity of the fuel tank...

Gracias,

Nacho
Old 05-28-2006, 12:52 PM
Fevre
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Needs to be 5/16", believe the stock return for both the gas and charcoal are 1/4, I am going to run 3/8" braided line to plump the high pressure to the tpi then use the stock fuel line as the return since it will be under less pressure so you can use high pressure rubber fuel line and high pressure clamps
Old 05-28-2006, 01:09 PM
zwede
Race Director

Received 333 Likes on 255 Posts

I found 3/8" brake lines at a parts store catering to big rigs. It comes in 5' lenghts and they also had junction blocks to I could bolt sections together. This made install real easy as I only had to put in a 5' section at a time and bolt it together once it was on the car. I used 3 lengths and cut each end off and flared to go to 3/8" high pressure hose.

The 3/8" brake line is great as it is easy to bend without kinking and has corrosion protection. I ran it on the drivers side and clamped it to the brake line running along the frame.
Old 05-28-2006, 01:34 PM
carriljc
Le Mans Master

Received 879 Likes on 764 Posts

Default I ran braided steel line....

after spending a week trying to run/bend/fit 3/8" brake line ....only to have it leak all over the place...that's week I'll never get back.

Of course, I didn't even think of going to a big rig place and buying 5' chunks....that woulda been the hot ticket.

The braided steel run was really quick and painless. I also used the former fuel supply as the return path.
Old 05-29-2006, 10:29 AM
stickboy
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I ran -6 braided line for the fuel feed, and then used the stock 3/8" feed line for the return. I put a new pickup in the tank too. There have been lots of threads on this subject before.

Get notified of new replies

To Return line for TPI?

Quick Reply: Return line for TPI?