C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Price On Oil Pan?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2001, 04:03 PM
Pat 69BigBlock
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Price On Oil Pan?

I need a new oil pan and was told that GM still has them available.
Where can I get the best deal? :confused:
Old 08-27-2001, 04:09 PM
Lt1er
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Best Price On Oil Pan? (Pat 69BigBlock)

Places like Jeg's ans Summit have cheap stamped steel - clear up to what ever you want. If I ever did it again I would opt. for a 6-7 quart model probably like a Morosso gold to dress it up a little.
Old 08-27-2001, 06:56 PM
Joe Lucia
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Best Price On Oil Pan? (Pat 69BigBlock)

Pat------

GM #14091356 is the one you need. It currently GM lists for $121.43. Dal Slabaugh at Van DevereBuick/Olds in Akron, OH will probably sell you one for less than $90, plus shipping. You can e-mail him at lockitup@bright.net. If you contact him, tell him that I said hi and that I'll be placing that order with him soon.
Old 08-27-2001, 07:03 PM
zwede
Race Director

Received 333 Likes on 255 Posts

Default Re: Best Price On Oil Pan? (Joe Lucia)

I highly recommend the original GM oil pan. DO NOT use a aftermarket pan with a big block. They either lack baffling completely or have it implemented wrong. I tried a milodon 'stock replacment' pan and watched the oil pressure drop to ZERO everytime I hit the brakes hard! The GM pan has a vette specific trapdoor and a shield around the oil pickup.

Old 08-28-2001, 02:48 AM
Joe Lucia
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Best Price On Oil Pan? (zwede)

Yes, the GM big block oil pan is the way to go. The current oil pan, GM #14091356, is a SERVICE oil pan only, though. This particular pan was never used on a Corvette although the last PRODUCTION Corvette big block oil pan was very similar.

One difference, though, is the lack of corner reinforcements on the 14091356 oil pan. All of the PRODUCTION oil pans had these reinforcemets spot-welded to the pan rails. Although the reinforcements were never available from GM as a seperate piece, they can be obtained in reproduction from most of the Corvette suppliers. Although intended for "originality purposes", the reinforcements serve a VERY USEFUL FUNCTIONAL purpose. I highly recommend using them. They do not need to be spot-welded to the pan, though, except if one finds doing so convenient.

Get notified of new replies

To Best Price On Oil Pan?

Quick Reply: Best Price On Oil Pan?