C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Check out this responce from Sallee

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2001, 07:31 PM
vettetester
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Check out this responce from Sallee

I posted on their board asking if they build 396's this is the responce.

Tom Sallee says that GM no longer makes the 396ci engine. We have special built these for people
before, but Tom says that our Race Shop is just to swamped right now to even think about doing
anymore special orders right now.
Regards,
-------------------------------------------------
Mr. Kim Daschofsky, Webmaster http://www.sallee-chevrolet.com/

Gee I really want to go give them all my money now, WTF too busy to talk to someone about a build up now thats customer service. I've had many long phone conversations with national dealers like Jim Pace and Larrysperformance and a few others, that even if they dont have something will try and help you out as much as they possiblly can. These fools say were just too busy to think about it.
Sorry Sallee you guys just lost any type of sale for anything I'll ever need sorry to bother you with a question you better get back to your SWAMPED race shop.
End rant

Looks like JimPace just got my busisness
Old 08-27-2001, 08:20 PM
gearheadz
Burning Brakes

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Re: Check out this responce from Sallee (vettetester)

Looking at Sallee's response from a different angle, one, at least they responded and two, they were honest. Be grateful they didn't take your money and take six months to deliver, which has happened to a few on this board (other engine builders).

American Speed, http://www.amerspeed.com/, makes a couple of long block 396SBs for $7000+, maybe they can help you out.

No offense but why the fascination with a 396ci stroker when there are so many other readily available 400+ci small block kits (406, 415, 427) out there?

Mark

[Modified by mdsmith, 7:23 PM 8/27/2001]

Quick Reply: Check out this responce from Sallee