C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Willcox Site Now Has Special Section for Forum Members Only

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 05:24 PM
finallygotit
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK - carpet arrived so the shipment is complete

it looks AWESOME

I was worried it would look cheap but it is quality stuff

Mia - Yes, the seatbacks are in the smaller bag, with compartment door covers, kick pads and the console strips

great buy

Last edited by finallygotit; 01-04-2008 at 07:43 PM. Reason: it all showed up
Old 01-08-2008, 06:57 PM
Mia
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just out of curiosity, I thought the complete interior kit came with the seat backs already installed??? Good thing I kept the originals...

Did I misread something? The original link to the product I ordered appears to be gone? Anyone know if these were supposed to just be covers? I bought the complete leather link kit that was on special listed in this thread BTW..

Thanks...
Old 01-09-2008, 09:20 AM
Zixxer
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts

No way, those clam shells are about $500.00 a side or more. The leather or leather like covers are either mounted or unmounted depending on what you ordered but I haven't seen anyone sale the entire installed seat...I'm sure you can get them but be prepared for sticker shock.

If yours are worn looking, probably a good time to paint them before putting the carpet on or installing the cushions.
Old 01-09-2008, 09:47 AM
Mia
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Zixxer
No way, those clam shells are about $500.00 a side or more. The leather or leather like covers are either mounted or unmounted depending on what you ordered but I haven't seen anyone sale the entire installed seat...I'm sure you can get them but be prepared for sticker shock.

If yours are worn looking, probably a good time to paint them before putting the carpet on or installing the cushions.

I'm not talking about the clam shells.. Mine are in perfect condition.. I am talking about the seat bottoms and backs.. ie, the actual leather like covers/foams.... I could have sworn what I ordered was already on the foam.. They are not..

Looking for a place today that can put them on for me as there is no way I can do it...
Old 01-09-2008, 10:01 AM
Zixxer
Racer

What was the price of your kit and I think we can determine pretty quick if you ordered covers or covers mounted on foam.
Old 01-09-2008, 10:10 AM
Mia
Burning Brakes

What was the price of your kit and I think we can determine pretty quick if you ordered covers or covers mounted on foam.
I believe the original was $995, and I used the sale link here for $665.

The link I went to (which no longer exists) had a description that seemed to indicate it was the foams/covers covered already..
Old 01-09-2008, 10:42 AM
Zixxer
Racer

Sounds like you ordered the wrong kit. If you bought it for $665 then it's 100% for sure you didn't get mounted on foam seats.

The difference of the sale price from original was maybe 10 percent, give or take, on the various kits. I know they offered many many different setups. Sounds like you looked at the mounted interior kit but actually selected the other one when ordering. I would call them and see about sending your covers back, pay the difference and get mounted on new foam. You're looking at a price much closer to the $995 so what the difference would be is a good target - $320.00. I'm not a Willcox person, just giving you what I think happened.

They are really good at helping customers get stuff right.
Old 01-09-2008, 11:05 AM
Mia
Burning Brakes

Sounds like you ordered the wrong kit. If you bought it for $665 then it's 100% for sure you didn't get mounted on foam seats.

The difference of the sale price from original was maybe 10 percent, give or take, on the various kits. I know they offered many many different setups. Sounds like you looked at the mounted interior kit but actually selected the other one when ordering. I would call them and see about sending your covers back, pay the difference and get mounted on new foam. You're looking at a price much closer to the $995 so what the difference would be is a good target - $320.00. I'm not a Willcox person, just giving you what I think happened.

They are really good at helping customers get stuff right.
Must be what happened.. Oh well.. I have the original seat backs/foams and they are in pretty good shape, so I am gonna call around to find an interior place that can install them.. This is one job I cannot handle..

Thanks!
Old 01-09-2008, 01:54 PM
Mia
Burning Brakes

Well I ended up finding an upholstery place just a few blocks from my office. 1 day an $200 and the skins are on.. Gonna go home and put them on the seat buckets!!!

They look great BTW.. Used the original seat foams and new hog rings.. They came out great... I'm happy!

Last edited by Mia; 01-11-2008 at 06:58 PM.
Old 01-17-2008, 01:28 PM
ubowl
Intermediate

Default vacuum diagrams

Does ANY ONE have an accurate vacuum hose routing diagram for headlights and heater/ac including an accurate parts list for a 1978 I ordered one it came as paper stapled together and looks like all pictorials are for earlier vettes no good to me. I followed what was there to a tee and trouble shot all possibilities still no headlight or consistant heater/ac vacuum control. Getting very frustrated
Old 01-17-2008, 05:24 PM
0Willcox Corvette
Former Vendor

Received 1,813 Likes on 1,458 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

Mia,

I checked your order and the kit you ordered was the IP11 kit. This kit was not the mounted kit. We won't have the packages back up on the forum special until we know what the new cost of the door panels and the seat covers are. However, the part numbers are still in the system, you just can't see them from the front side right now.

I'm glad you found someone to mount them, I'm sure the worked out great. Thank you for the purchase.

Below is the description from the IP11 package:

You are looking at a Complete Interior Package for a 1978-1982 Corvette. This package contains the following items

1 Complete Carpet Set (COMPLETE!)

2 Door Panels w/upper felt installed

1 Set of Leather-Like Seat Covers

Please note: Buyer to specify the following listed per application!

1978 Color Only needed

1979 Color, and Number of rear storage compartment doors, Seat cover size

80-82 Color and Seat size!

This package sells for 730.04 on eBay On sale now until Dec 30 2007. Not valid for any prior purchase.
Old 01-17-2008, 05:26 PM
0Willcox Corvette
Former Vendor

Ubowl:

We are upgrading our repair help section and should have this up and running tonight we hope! Once this is up and running I'm going to put vacuum schematic's on there in pdf format for anyone to download.

I don't know how long it will be before they are on there, but it should not be too long if you can wait. If you post this on the regular section fo the forum, someone might be able to send or post one on there for you too!

Willcox Inc.
Old 01-17-2008, 07:27 PM
Mia
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Willcox Corvette
Mia,

I checked your order and the kit you ordered was the IP11 kit. This kit was not the mounted kit. We won't have the packages back up on the forum special until we know what the new cost of the door panels and the seat covers are. However, the part numbers are still in the system, you just can't see them from the front side right now.

I'm glad you found someone to mount them, I'm sure the worked out great. Thank you for the purchase.

Below is the description from the IP11 package:

You are looking at a Complete Interior Package for a 1978-1982 Corvette. This package contains the following items

1 Complete Carpet Set (COMPLETE!)

2 Door Panels w/upper felt installed

1 Set of Leather-Like Seat Covers

Please note: Buyer to specify the following listed per application!

1978 Color Only needed

1979 Color, and Number of rear storage compartment doors, Seat cover size

80-82 Color and Seat size!

This package sells for 730.04 on eBay On sale now until Dec 30 2007. Not valid for any prior purchase.
Cool man!!! Thanks again, yeah just a mis-understanding.. Anyway, I eventually got everything, even after UPS lost part of the order... Not your fault.

I have everything installed and it looks fantastic... I'll likely be buying the weather strip kit from you guys next..

Yeah, mounting them was not bad. It was like 3 hours at $65/hr plus the hog rings and some other parts.. They look awesome either way..

If I had it to do again, I would have had these guys that did the covers sew a custom embroidered Vette Logo on the seat tops.. I think that would look cool.

The place I took it does some nice work and were only like 1/2 mile from my office.. Had them done a day or two.

Carpet fit great, everything looks fantastic... Have not put the door skins on yet, but again everything looks great. My digital camera bought the farm, so when I get the replacement I will show the before and after.

Here the before anyway:

Tell me that is not hideous!
Old 01-18-2008, 11:50 AM
Mia
Burning Brakes

Here is the after photo

Keep in mind that I have not changed the door panels out yet...
Old 01-20-2008, 04:45 PM
0Willcox Corvette
Former Vendor

Looks great!
Old 01-22-2008, 06:55 PM
ron69
Instructor

I just ordered weatherstrip kit and supplies. Great Price!

Ron
Old 01-28-2008, 10:58 PM
73conv454
Heel & Toe

I received my '73 front bumper less than 48 hours after I ordered it. It's mounted up and ready for paint. Thanks for the great service !

Get notified of new replies

To Willcox Site Now Has Special Section for Forum Members Only

Old 02-09-2008, 07:42 PM
shabazz18
Advanced

Leather like seat covers went up $100!!! Guess I'll have to wait.
Old 02-09-2008, 08:26 PM
0Willcox Corvette
Former Vendor

Yes, we ran a sale at the end of December warning customers that the prices would be going up. There will be a sale on seat covers coming soon to the forum section. We have been working day and night trying to get all the prices that changed on interior items corrected. We are done now and will now try to calculate a forum special price on these again soon. We will make a post on this as soon as they done.

Willcox Inc.
Old 02-12-2008, 12:59 AM
blckslvr79
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Mia
Here is the after photo

Keep in mind that I have not changed the door panels out yet...
I did the same carpet swap a couple months ago on my 79. Anybody know how the lower carpet on the door cards gets replaced? The kit came with the new carpet, but does it have to be sewn in professionally or what?

Quick Reply: Willcox Site Now Has Special Section for Forum Members Only