C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ZZ4 Stroker with AFR heads

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 05:39 PM
DragonFire~
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ZZ4 Stroker with AFR heads

I currently have an unmodified seasoned ZZ4 350CI in my C3 Corvette.
I trying to figure out a good head/rotating assembly combination.

I got the ZZ4 for a really good price that’s why I didn’t buy a ZZ383.

First check this link out for a new ZZ4 small block/new AFR Eliminator head crate motor from Gilbert/Sallee Chevrolet!
Super AFR ZZ4
http://www.sallee-chevrolet.com/fram...s/safrzz4.html

Basically I want to build this motor out of my ZZ4 with new AFR 195CC intake 58CC Eliminator heads.

I already have the ZZ4 motor
I think the AFR heads are about $1400 assembled, long wait time
Maybe an Eagle 383 stroker with -18cc inverted dome pistons
Comp Cam w/roller rockers

I am considering first getting the new AFR heads to run on the stock ZZ4 and new Cam
This will make the compression ratio 10.1:1 +/-465HP +/-440tq According to Gilbert Chevrolet (I’d be happy with 430HP minimum, because my ZZ4 is only rated at 355HP now)

When I later add the stroker with the -18cc inverted dome pistons to make it a 383 the compression ration goes up to 10.3:1
Hopefully breaking 500HP!

Any way, I wanted any input on this whole combination as I have never built an engine before.
Does the compression ration get too high with the stroker? I have heard that 10.4:1 on aluminum heads is the limit for premium gas?
Should I stay with the 58cc heads or get 64cc? The 58ccs are better for my ZZ4 and look like they will work with the stroker too.
Are my HP estimates way off?

Quick Reply: ZZ4 Stroker with AFR heads