C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

is my Brand new Engine dead???

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 08:31 PM
mdjice
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only one that is in my area and whilling to help is megaladon however I called him a couple of times and he was busy ( which I understand) and aftrwords I got busy plus h is pretty far so i can t take the vette with a problem on a 45 to 1 hour drive in Houston's traffic.
Also as mentioned I drive it for work so if I have a problem I need it fixed ASAP, I can't really wait for the week end (except on small problems not affecting the car enought to drive)
If I don't get to the airport everyother day with my car, I don't work and I can't pay the car loan
Old 02-02-2007, 08:38 PM
noonie
Race Director

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Go to a couple car shows or join a local vette club etc. Meet some of your local C3 people. They can either refer you to a good mechanic or help you themselves.

There is no why they can't be daily drivers. Lot's are including mine. When they break, you fix them and drive again.
Old 02-02-2007, 08:40 PM
Durango_Boy
Team Owner

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by mdjice
If I don't get to the airport everyother day with my car, I don't work and I can't pay the car loan

The same goes for most of us. Do not worry that you have trouble keeping up. It'll all be worth it when the wheel's start rolling right.
Old 02-02-2007, 08:44 PM
Rander
Instructor

You’ve demonstrated one of the most important requirements… The love for the car….Now you must learn how to look after her…..Read from every source you can find.
Old 02-02-2007, 08:54 PM
SHAKERATTLEROLL
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Think of it this way. The only part of the Corvette that really separates it from others cars is the IRS rear suspension. Everything else is basically just like every other car of the era. And I will mention that even some of the best wrenchers on the forum will have Gary rebuild there rear ends and steering boxes since he is used to it and he has the tools to do so.
Old 02-03-2007, 09:44 AM
Durango_Boy
Team Owner

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

It really is all very basic, but it's also hard to learn and pick this stuff up if you've never dealt with it before. He's getting the crash course. I give him a lot of credit fro jumping in and sticking with it.
Old 02-03-2007, 10:49 AM
mandm1200
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by karioth
Do not rely on a c3 for work. These cars just simply are not that reliable, even when fixed up good.
I guess I've been lucky. My vette has always been dependable. A vette should be as reliable as any car manufactured in that era. There are not that many differences between a vette and other cars. Rear differential, brake system, headlights come to mind as being unique.
In my opinion, the issue with some of these cars is the lack of proper maintenance. When repairs are finally made, it’s by an unqualified do-it-yourselfer or by an unqualified mechanic. The repair is not done right and problem keeps following the car.
Old 02-04-2007, 11:00 AM
mdjice
Racer

I try to learn but it's hard with no one car savy around. My friends are musiciens, producer and a banker!!lool far from working on cars
I want to get aother cheap car and kee my vette in the grarage and practice on it with help from the forum and books..we ll see hopefully I won t break anything too expensive

Quick Reply: is my Brand new Engine dead???