C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

starter moter.single-2-poll studs wiring

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2006, 09:59 AM
Chuck-75
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default starter moter.single-2-poll studs wiring

I have lost the instructions and cant find on FAQ ... refress my memory? when going to a new starter scelinoid where do I make the connections?,
ofcourse I know where the battery cabels go... but do the small connections go on the inner (closest to the engine) stud?, or the outer stud?
thanks in advance.
Ill try to post pics soon of the new ZZ-383 ,200R-4 with a GMPP new serpentine belt system .
Old 12-01-2006, 03:04 PM
marshrat99
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had to replace the starter on my 79 a few months ago and couldn't remember either when replacing. I BELIEVE I first tried the outside ones but the starter wouldn't do anything. I then switched to the other side and she fired right up apparently not doing any damage by using the incorrect side.
Old 12-01-2006, 03:54 PM
...Roger...
Race Director

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts

You said connections-there should only be 1 small wire and yes it goes on the stud closest to the block and marked with an S -for start.The only other one I think you could get confused on is a 14 gauge black wire with a large eye connection.This small wire with big connector goes to ground-starter mounting bolt or where I put it is on one of the belhousing bolts.Dont put this on the positive term.of solenoid even though it will fit.

Get notified of new replies

To starter moter.single-2-poll studs wiring

Quick Reply: starter moter.single-2-poll studs wiring