C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinions on Direct Lift Pro 6MR scissor lift

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 01:05 PM
longbros
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Opinions on Direct Lift Pro 6MR scissor lift

I have been seriously looking at the scissor lift model Pro 6MR by Direct-Lifts. I do not have room in my garage for a two or four post lift. The Pro 6MR looks like it would be just the ticket for most work on my C3 and other vehicles I have. Has anyone had any experience with this scissor lift or others like it, and if so, what did you think, good or bad? Are these type lifts safe and stable? This lift looks identical to the Bend-Pak Md-6XP. I am an old guy, and have always used jack stands and a jack with no problems, but I am thinking this might make life easier.
Thanks.
Fred
Old 02-09-2007, 01:34 PM
MILO
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This lift seems would seem to work really well if you were only working on the suspension, brake work, etc. If you were to work on the exhaust system, drive shaft or wanted to remove the tranny without the engine, it looks like this would be difficult. Having 3 youngins' growing up fast, I know they will not be getting new cars. So for myself being able to drop the engine cradle on the newer front wheel drive cars has me looking at a two post lift.

Good luck.
Old 02-09-2007, 03:36 PM
longbros
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MILO
This lift seems would seem to work really well if you were only working on the suspension, brake work, etc. If you were to work on the exhaust system, drive shaft or wanted to remove the tranny without the engine, it looks like this would be difficult. Having 3 youngins' growing up fast, I know they will not be getting new cars. So for myself being able to drop the engine cradle on the newer front wheel drive cars has me looking at a two post lift.

Good luck.
It seems a two post lift would be the best, but I don't have the room for a two post. I agree, I think the scissor lift would be great for brakes, suspension, and other work that is not right down the middle of the car. My biggest concern is safety, and would like to hear from those that have a lift like this, and if they feel there is any safety or stability issues.
Old 02-09-2007, 05:14 PM
spf72
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 46 Likes on 10 Posts

I have a Rotary sissor type lift and it has a safety bar that locks in at a couple different levels. Would have to break the steel to be a problem and that isn't going to happen. The biggest issues I have with it are - it doesn't fit all frames so you end up using wood to be sure it doesn't go up through the floor (C3 fits fine) and you need to balance the vehicle front to rear - to far either way and the car kinda floats. Probably wouldn't fall off but it freaks me out to much so I always re-adjust.

All in all it is a great addition to the garage for most of the basic maint you do.
Old 02-09-2007, 07:26 PM
56chevy
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lifts

Don't forget the Kwiklift

it's open under the middle of the c3

www.kwiklift.com

and the Direct is built in China

Get notified of new replies

To Opinions on Direct Lift Pro 6MR scissor lift

Quick Reply: Opinions on Direct Lift Pro 6MR scissor lift