C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C3/C4-Stealth Ram-Hood

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 07:20 AM
wild78
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C3/C4-Stealth Ram-Hood

I've been researching past threads on the Holly Stealth Ram. I've saw
C4 links that have a modified plenum several different ways that fits - also with pics. Is there more/less room under a C3 hood than a C4? Anyone have pics of the stealth ram in a C3 - I have a 78 with a L48 hood.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:33 AM
dewcustom
Racer

I will have pics of a SR in my 70 with an F-2 procharger but I am not done yet.
Old 02-21-2007, 09:41 AM
wild78
Heel & Toe

What type of hood are you using? Do you have to modify anything?
Old 02-21-2007, 04:31 PM
stickboy
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I went with a TPIS miniram because no one new for sure that the SR would fit under a stock hood. I read a few months later that it would fit under the later C3 hoods, but I don't remember what years that included. Supposedly it will fit under a '81 hood and if I had known this I would have gotten one. Hopefully someone will chime in that has experience with it.
Old 02-21-2007, 04:56 PM
wild78
Heel & Toe

StickBoy - I find it real hard to believe that someone at Holley doesn't realize how many C3's and C4's could use this product with just a teeny bit of tweeking on their part. I ask Holley for a detailed drawing and they said that was against corporate policy.

I did find a link where someone has installed the HSR under the hood of a 79 but didn't say if it was a L48 or what.

I have a regular HEI distributor - guess that has to be replaced - don't have a clue what would be a good cheap altenative.

I've also been reading on the MegaSquirt.

Lot's of homework to do before this project starts.

How do you like your system - what about your performance and gas mileage. Kills me to run with the C4 and C5 guys that are getting 28 MPG.
Old 02-21-2007, 06:00 PM
a1sensei
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by wild78
StickBoy - I find it real hard to believe that someone at Holley doesn't realize how many C3's and C4's could use this product with just a teeny bit of tweeking on their part. I ask Holley for a detailed drawing and they said that was against corporate policy.
I don't find it hard to believe at all. Holley's customer service (and product quality) disapeared years ago. God bless, Sensei
Old 02-22-2007, 04:40 PM
stickboy
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wild78
How do you like your system - what about your performance and gas mileage. Kills me to run with the C4 and C5 guys that are getting 28 MPG.
I sized my injectors and thottle bodies for 500hp because I was planning on building a 406 short block. I bought a bare block which is sitting in the garage waiting for money. My priorities have shifted a little, so it's not going to happen anytime soon. I've had a little problems tuning because of this, but since I got the latest firmware upgrade and a wideband O2 it runs great except for when it's cold and the outside temp is below 50F. Accel's online support no longer exists, I think Accel is steering people to the installers now. Online info seems to be hard to find too.

My milage around town has gone up, highway milage dropped some. The original CCC system was very efficient on the highway. I was getting 21MPG without overdrive. I think I am getting around 12/18 right now, but I haven't really driven it much since I updated the firmware.
Old 02-22-2007, 05:49 PM
vetteaddic
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[IMG][/IMG]
Here's a pic of the ram,hope it helps.
Old 02-23-2007, 10:38 AM
wild78
Heel & Toe

VetteAddic - Wow thats only 9.25 inches - I've been reading 10.25 on other posts. I have around 9.75 inches safely. Is that an unmodified intake and plenum? I'm running the GM Fastburn Alumninum Vortec style heads with 62cc chamber.

Could you give me some measurements on the intake manifold ports that go against the head?? I've heard theres quite a difference in the L31 Vortec head and Fastburn on port size ?" X ?" . The fastburn is 210cc and I think the L31 is 170 cc but I don't know either dimension in inches.

Get notified of new replies

To C3/C4-Stealth Ram-Hood

Quick Reply: C3/C4-Stealth Ram-Hood