C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tip using the 1975 GM wiring schematics

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 06:38 PM
Doc Rebuild
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tip using the 1975 GM wiring schematics

Gentlemen and the few Ladies present:

Let me preface this by saying that my 1975 Corvette a great resource. It was not been wrecked or otherwise modified with one exception. The smog system was removed when new (and is still completely inventories in boxes). However this does not effect any wiring harnesses.

I have recently circuit tested my 1975 wiring harnesses and compared them to the 1975 published GM wiring schematics. Comparing my 1975 I noticed the GM schematic is missing the pink wire in the dash harness for the factory alarm from the rear harness connecter to the fuse box. Whooooops, they all had alarms in 1975. The hood door control switch connector on the dash harness is missing one wire: three needed on 1975, not two as in 1973 and 1974. The passsengers side firewall connector of the dash harness omits an orange jumper wire to the other firewall connector. The yellow lead on the radio connecter does not directly connect with the fuse box. The schematic for an auto trans solenoid accessory harness shows those wires connecting to a (1974 and earlier style) 14 wire cavity connector, instead of the actual 20 wire cavity connector used in 1975. They are vasty different and you cannot connect a 14 & 20 connecter together. And the wires aren’t even in similar spots. A carb idle solenoid connection is shown, but none have been discovered in my garage, the World or Oz to date. The fuse box illustration omits the power accessory terminal identifications as well as the fuse rating. There are actually two different dash wiring harnesses on 1975: one automatic and the other 4 speed. The GM schematic only shows the latter 4 speed, and thus the 75 percent of 1975 owners with automatic can only guess about those 2 automatic neutral safety switch connectors on the dash harness.

There’s more, but I think you may get the idea. May all your sparks be right on and not crossed. There is nothing worse than a dim bulb, unless you are a Luddite.

Geoffrey Coenen

PS If you know more, I’d be pleased to examine and include your findings. If however you are located in the State of Denial, or a Disciple of Daun, please accept my apologies for interrupting your nap or alumibeer festival.
Old 04-13-2007, 06:44 PM
Durango_Boy
Team Owner

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Doc, I sent you a PM.
Old 04-14-2007, 08:17 AM
Corvette ED
Le Mans Master

Location: Pottsville, PA. USA Home Of America's Oldest Brewery Yuengling
Received 2,238 Likes on 1,032 Posts

Doc,

When will you have the ooez 1975 charts ready for sale?
Old 04-14-2007, 08:29 PM
Doc Rebuild
Racer

If I understand the CF rules and regulations correctly, and I’m not sure my edition of Roberts has the complete Net appendix - it is considered bad form if I answer a direct question that would materially effect my commercial bank account in a positive manner. Therefore should anyone query a commercial question as opposed to a technical one, it is apparently not appropriate to answer within this privately held public platform: CF. It’s actually a well know business principle of which I am personally quite familiar: He who signs the checks makes the rules.

If you wish to contact me regarding a personal matter, I answer email but accept no attachments. If you wish to include a photo, please post it on the net and provide the url.

Geoffrey Coenen
Old 04-14-2007, 08:34 PM
Durango_Boy
Team Owner

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Doc Rebuild
If you wish to contact me regarding a personal matter, I answer email but accept no attachments.

What's your email address?

Thanks Geoffrey.
Old 04-14-2007, 08:40 PM
Doc Rebuild
Racer

Try clicking on the user name and follow the CF links.
Old 06-11-2007, 04:06 PM
jtribble
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1975 alarm

I turned on the alarm located on the driver front panel. When I returned to my car I could not get the key to turn in the opposite direction in my attempt to turn off the alarm. Is there something else involved in turning off the alarm other than turning the key?
If not and I can not get the key to turn; how would I disarm the alarm. The alarm seems a bit useless anyway, if you can start the ignition the alarm stops sounding.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 06-11-2007, 10:00 PM
VettePower
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow Doc!! Haven't seen you post in quite a while. Are you still suing Ecklers, or is it Mid America for millions of dollars????

Get notified of new replies

To Tip using the 1975 GM wiring schematics

Quick Reply: Tip using the 1975 GM wiring schematics