C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what after market windows and door locks to go with...if any?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 10:57 PM
bluegtp
Drifting

Received 287 Likes on 128 Posts
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Default what after market power windows and door locks to go with...if any?

what after market windows and door locks to go with...if any?

my car currently doesn't have either. I've read the spal window conversions are nice and decent. (decent price too).....and as for the door locks, I don't have a clue what to go with......

why not stock, well the parts aren't exactly cheap and don't come with instructions...

any help out be great!

thanks!

ryan

Last edited by bluegtp; 06-01-2007 at 11:25 PM.
Old 06-01-2007, 11:05 PM
Oldguard 7
Melting Slicks

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

This is an interesting question. What are you looking to change/improve with aftermarket glass and door locks ?
Old 06-01-2007, 11:21 PM
bluegtp
Drifting

Received 287 Likes on 128 Posts
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Modified

maybe i should rephrase the window question.....what kind of aftermarket power window motor to go with....i'm not wanting to replace the glass.

sorry for the confusion

ryan
Old 06-02-2007, 08:02 AM
spedaleden
Safety Car

Received 56 Likes on 29 Posts

Power windows

I wouldn't use spal. They will last for a while but you will spend more time adjusting and repairing them. you will eventually pull them out. I would look for electric life. A little more money but a better product, or see if you can get the factory set up out of a wrecked car.

Power door locks

Electric life Jegs number 366-LK01-10-122 $94.99
Old 06-02-2007, 10:07 AM
I'm Batman
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07

Originally Posted by spedaleden
Power windows

I wouldn't use spal. They will last for a while but you will spend more time adjusting and repairing them. you will eventually pull them out. I would look for electric life. A little more money but a better product, or see if you can get the factory set up out of a wrecked car.

Power door locks

Electric life Jegs number 366-LK01-10-122 $94.99
Did you use the cheap Spal power window kit, or the Deluxe kit (which costs significantly more than that Jegs kit)?
Old 06-02-2007, 11:35 AM
73VetteKS
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought the SPAL 3300-0030, which is the HD Window kit. I had to use the dremel tool to rework the slots on the door crank spindle to get an adaptor to fit, but that may have just been mine. Conversion wasn’t hard, but with a lot interruptions it took me a weekend from start to finish. Without interruptions, I would guess maybe 4 to 6 hrs.

Very quite and smooth. One of my future projects will be to see if a stock window switch can be used.

If you do this, it is a good time to clean, lubricate, and inspect the window workings.

Lesson I learned. . . be sure to get the heavy duty motor. The smaller less expensive units are for flat windows and won't last. The curved windows require more power.
-Jim

Get notified of new replies

To what after market windows and door locks to go with...if any?

Quick Reply: what after market windows and door locks to go with...if any?