C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Projects

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 02:23 PM
30yr Wait
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Projects

I,ve been away for a long time, but now I'm back. After this hiatus, I found that some projects need to be done. The first one I'm going to tackle is the wiper door and wipers. Next I'm going to change the U joints. Can the U joints be done by an average person? I'm far from an excellent mechanic.
And lastly, where can I find information on these projects. Any help will be appreciated.

Pat
Old 08-09-2007, 02:26 PM
SIXFOOTER
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Average guy with decent tools, some skills and talent can rebuild a whole car. Shop manual has proceedure for U-joints. Do a search, there are a bunch of old threads on that too. I believe gary GTR1999 also did a paper on it. Easy project.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:40 PM
I'm Batman
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07

Originally Posted by SIXFOOTER
Average guy with decent tools, some skills and talent can rebuild a whole car. Shop manual has proceedure for U-joints. Do a search, there are a bunch of old threads on that too. I believe gary GTR1999 also did a paper on it. Easy project.
I'm a pretty good mechanic at this point, but I'd never done u-joints before. Norvalwilhelm gave me some great advice...the thread is available in the archives. See the "Search!" sticky for tips on getting the most out of search...if I had the link handy, I'd be happy to post it.
Old 08-10-2007, 07:43 AM
30yr Wait
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Projects

Thanks guys, I appreciate the input.

Pat

Get notified of new replies

To Projects

Quick Reply: Projects