C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1970 Roadster console

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2017, 04:10 PM
vettinpaul
Cruising

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 1970 Roadster console

Hi;
I am new to these forums, I have owned my 70 for about 43 years and about 180K miles and she requires a few cosmetic enhancements and the console is one area that I am starting to work on. I took the interior out some time ago and am now putting it back, I was wondering if anyone has some advice on which parts go back into the console in which order? Thanks in advance.
Old 07-24-2017, 04:25 PM
Alan 71
Team Owner

Received 2,878 Likes on 2,515 Posts

Hi vp,
Welcome!
43 years…. "just a moment in time"!!!

Are you asking about the shifter plate?
If so:

The heater defroster control should be put in place on the top of the console first. Make sure the proper electrical connections for the controller are in place… the lamp for the dial and the ground connection.

The ashtray should be mounted under the shifter plate. Make sure it's electrical connection and lamp are in place.

Then make sure the boot for the shift lever is in place (if it's a 4-speed).

Also check that the rear lens for the fiber-optics is in place and the cables are securely pushed into the len's tubes.

The shifter plate can then be put onto the console and the 4 screws in the plate's corners installed.

Finally the ***** for the vent levers can be installed.

Good Luck!
Regards,
Alan

Last edited by Alan 71; 07-24-2017 at 04:45 PM.
Old 07-24-2017, 05:07 PM
vettinpaul
Cruising

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes Alan 71, mine is a 4 speed bought a reproduction boot but didn't fit properly so took my old one apart used it as a pattern,bought some black leather and made my own, that's exactly what I needed, pictures were great!! Noticed they are a 300hp 350ci as is mine. Thanks so much!! Now I have to get back to work on it.
Old 07-24-2017, 05:12 PM
theandies
Team Owner

Received 756 Likes on 525 Posts

The worst part IMO is the HVAC controls followed by getting the fiber optics in place. Everything after that is straight forward.
Of course Alans great pictures help as always.

Last edited by theandies; 07-24-2017 at 05:13 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To 1970 Roadster console

Quick Reply: 1970 Roadster console