C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Richmond tranny ? c-3 guy

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 02:48 PM
Carl Johansson
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Richmond tranny ? c-3 guy

Isn't there a c-3 forum member (may have been based out of Florida) who was a Richmond tranny guy? Seems to me that was a big psrt of his business!.

I usually hang out in the C-4 section - so I haven't visited much - and i don't remember the guys name - or if he even hangs around in here still!

In a nutshell we are removing a Keisler TKO500 perfect fit unit out of the 82 car - and want to replace it with a richmond 6 speed. We want 6 gears for better jump when we road race! The 6 speed came out of a C-4 vette.

In the past we have used the C-3 in everything from autoX to Land speed racing - and have decided that we will be dedicating the C-3 to road racing - after we won the 110 mph class in the Sand Hills Open Road classic this summer!
In the meantime the keisler will reside in a 1953 studebaker - with a 1000 hp motor - that we are building as a Bonneville Salt Flats racer.

When we look at the 2 trannies side by side it seems to be a pretty good match - except the shifter is about 2" back (as compared to the Tremec). The shifter can not be moved back - it will conflict with the seatplacement - so we need to move it forward about 2 inches. I suspect there is an adaptor plate and possibly custon shift rods available. Anyone help us out here?

Carl Johansson
Old 11-23-2007, 08:21 PM
Hadez
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I live in Florida and have a ROD6 with my 69 vette that was installed 2 years ago by a shop in Maitland. I would not recommend that shop again due to numerous reasons so if you are looking at a shop in Maitland that does this stuff then please PM me and I will give ya details on my unfortunate experiences.

btw....it seems you are very performance oriented but the ROD is only rated to 450ftlbs at the crank.

Quick Reply: Richmond tranny ? c-3 guy