C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seatbelt / Headlight buzzer thingy

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 05:30 AM
I'm Batman
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07

Default Seatbelt / Headlight buzzer thingy

For some reason, the buzzer unit for my 77 doesn't have the wire for the headlight warning, and it doesn't look like it was ever there. Does anyone have one laying around that they could pop open and find out where the headlight wire goes inside? I can't imagine that it would be too difficult to solder a wire in the correct spot.

Here are a few pictures of my buzzer for reference.
Attached Images    
Old 01-12-2008, 09:14 AM
bmotojoe
Safety Car

Received 1,294 Likes on 1,013 Posts

Without breaking the board away from the standoffs it hard to tell where the LPS circuit is connected through but it does appear from your picture there is a landing point for the LPS wire. I’m not 100% sure the buzzer unit you have pictured is actually from a 77, it may have been a replacement item sometime earlier or your car may not have been optioned with the convenience group package. Part of that package included the headlamp warning audio alarm through the buzzer. The reason I say this because there are a few electrical components missing from the one you have pictured. I have highlighted the missing components yellow.
Hope this helps,

Last edited by bmotojoe; 01-12-2008 at 09:41 AM.
Old 01-12-2008, 01:14 PM
I'm Batman
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '07

Joe, thanks for the info. My board has spots for the components you pictured, but they aren't installed.

The car has the rest of the convenience group, so it may well have been an incorrect replacement somewhere during the car's life.

Is that component under the buzzer edge another resistor? Are all three resistors the same value (the visible resistor on my buzzer is a 10000 ohm, 5% tolerance part, and it looks like the partly-exposed resistor in your picture is the same)? It would be pretty easy to upgrade this buzzer - probably easier and cheaper than replacing it. The other transistor on my board is a BC458 NPN device, I assume the other one would also be an NPN.

Interesting difference between our buzzers - mine was never fixed to the standoffs. The only thing holding it in place are the two halves of the case.

Last edited by I'm Batman; 01-12-2008 at 01:18 PM.
Old 01-24-2008, 05:08 PM
I'm Batman
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '07

With any luck, I now have a headlight warning buzzer - two resistors, one transistor and a piece of wire were all I needed.
Old 02-19-2012, 10:52 PM
Trents77
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you know where I could find one of these? It looks to me like they don't exsist. I really need help

Get notified of new replies

To Seatbelt / Headlight buzzer thingy

Quick Reply: Seatbelt / Headlight buzzer thingy