C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vortec V8 In a '68?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2001, 07:42 AM
Tedardo
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vortec V8 In a '68?

This might be a stupid question, but I figure I better ask it here because no one else is going to know the answer. My friend is willing to give me a 2001 Chevy Vortec V8 with only a few thousand miles on it. I was wondering if you could fit this engine in a Corvette. I know someone with a '68 that has no engine in it, and was wondering a few things.

Would this engine fit into a '68? Does anyone know the kind of modifications I might have to make to get it to fit/run.

Please help me out on this one, and if you don't think its worth it, then tell me because I really have no idea. I just see it as a way to get the car I want, with a new reliable engine in it. I could care less about speed, I could also care less about how little the car would actually be worth because I am not selling it, and its a free engine, so I guess all I need to know is if its possible and/or worth it. I doubt I could put it in myself, but I would pay someone to do that for me.

And if I have offended anyone by mentioning putting a non Corvette engine in a vette, I apologize, but you do what you have to do when you're in college, and I will put a Corvette engine in it when I graduate in two years. Thanks for your help!

[Modified by Tedardo, 11:43 AM 12/6/2001]

Quick Reply: Vortec V8 In a '68?