C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Q about vacuum lines and heater controls 69, no AC, long

Old 04-12-2008, 07:25 PM
champs65
Le Mans Master

Received 102 Likes on 63 Posts

Default Q about vacuum lines and heater controls 69, no AC, long

Hi everyone...

Before I put everything back together in my center console, I am curious to know if I'm missing a part in this area.

Where the main vacuum harness plugs into the left side of the controls, one line tees and it LOOKS like it goes to the right side of the wheels and picks up the vacuum line which has a 3 line plug that runs back to the astro grilles.

On my car, the vacuum line/plug on the right which goes back to the grilles isn't plugged into anything; but it looks like it should use that tee and plug into something?

I am guessing that there should be a 3 port valve connected to the right wheel, (although I don't have anything there). If the rear grilles open when the wheel is set to cold, it would make sense that a vacuum valve should be on that wheel as well.

I have looked for more info and a diagram/pic showing this, even on a few of the vendors sites/catalogs looking for a part that I'm not even sure exists and have come up empty.

Long story short, how does the vacuum line running back to the grilles hook up? Is there a second vacuum switch on the right wheel? A pic of the heater controls would be great!

Hope you guys understand what I am asking....the car is at work and I always seem to forget my camera before heading up there.

Thanks in advance
Joe
Old 04-13-2008, 03:00 PM
Alan 71
Team Owner

Received 2,878 Likes on 2,515 Posts

1 hose comes from the T fitting on the left side, to the top nipple on the right side. The hose that runs back to the Astro Vent actuator connects to the bottom nipple on the right side. The middle nipple on the right side is empty. Try Dr. Rebuild, page 56, he has the BEST diagrams and the BEST hose kits.
Regards,
Alan

Last edited by Alan 71; 04-13-2008 at 03:05 PM.
Old 04-13-2008, 03:33 PM
0Willcox Corvette
Former Vendor

Received 1,813 Likes on 1,458 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

If you go to this link, there is a repair help on the heater control. On page four is a picture of the valve you need.

http://willcoxcorvette.com/repairand...lp.php?hID=189

The most forward hose on the driver side of the control should T and send vacuum to the passenger side lower nipple on the switch you do not have. This valve controls the Astro vents on the back of the car and when in the open position, should have vacuum on the top nipple of the switch. The hose leaves the control and heads back to the back of the car and depending on if it's a coupe or Conv. as to which side of the car it runs to.

Willcox Inc.

If you need this valve, we should have a used one. You'll have to call sales tomorrow and check. 800-588-3883.
Old 04-13-2008, 06:49 PM
champs65
Le Mans Master

Received 102 Likes on 63 Posts

Thanks, guys. I just knew that there was supposed to be something on the right wheel!

Also found a good pic of it today in my 69 chassis manual--1A-6, figure 11.

Get notified of new replies

To Q about vacuum lines and heater controls 69, no AC, long

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Q about vacuum lines and heater controls 69, no AC, long