C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hydrualic Clutch for TKO

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 07:17 PM
BrooksCJ
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Hydrualic Clutch for TKO

I posted this question along with another, but this one didn't get too much attention, so I'm posting it again separately.

Does anyone out there have the Keisler hydraulic clutch setup in their early C-3 (68-75) Vette to go along with their TKO transmission? If so, was it worth the cost? Are you having any issues with the firewall flexing where the clutch master cylinder is mounted. Does the hydraulic setup make pushing in the clutch easier? The manual clutch setup makes my leg tired, since I'm in the city a lot, so I think a hydraulic setup would be nice. Thanks in advance for your help.

C.J.
Old 04-13-2008, 07:39 PM
Binnie77
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BrooksCJ
I posted this question along with another, but this one didn't get too much attention, so I'm posting it again separately.

Does anyone out there have the Keisler hydraulic clutch setup in their early C-3 (68-75) Vette to go along with their TKO transmission? If so, was it worth the cost? Are you having any issues with the firewall flexing where the clutch master cylinder is mounted. Does the hydraulic setup make pushing in the clutch easier? The manual clutch setup makes my leg tired, since I'm in the city a lot, so I think a hydraulic setup would be nice. Thanks in advance for your help.

C.J.
I have the Keisler clutch kit in my '77.

In my estimation it is well worth the cost. There are no firewall flexing issues whatsoever as the firewall is steel at the point the clutch cylinder is mounted. I estimate the pedal pressure is about 50% of the manual linkage. I have had no issues with my setup at all. It is a bit of a pain to mount the cylinder with the brake booster just above it, but you will manage. You can drill all the holes from the inside. You will like it a lot!
Old 04-13-2008, 07:51 PM
BrooksCJ
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Binnie77
I have the Keisler clutch kit in my '77.

In my estimation it is well worth the cost. There are no firewall flexing issues whatsoever as the firewall is steel at the point the clutch cylinder is mounted. I estimate the pedal pressure is about 50% of the manual linkage. I have had no issues with my setup at all. It is a bit of a pain to mount the cylinder with the brake booster just above it, but you will manage. You can drill all the holes from the inside. You will like it a lot!
Binnie77,

Thanks for the reply. Do you happen to know if a 70 Vette has steel where the clutch master cylinder mounts to the firewall? Hopefully I won't have any monuting issues, since I'm using a hydroboost for power brakes. Thanks again.

C.J.

Last edited by BrooksCJ; 04-13-2008 at 08:08 PM.
Old 04-13-2008, 08:28 PM
Binnie77
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

CJ, the clutch cylinder mounts right below the brake master cylinder and there is lots of steel there so flex is never going to be a problem.
Old 04-13-2008, 11:06 PM
vettesbydesign
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

CJ....in your other post the guy speaking on the flexing firewall was from Australia,or some place,and the car was converted over to a RH driver.You won't have a issue w/firewall flexing.There's pl;enty of steal there!

Get notified of new replies

To Hydrualic Clutch for TKO

Quick Reply: Hydrualic Clutch for TKO