C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What happened to Hydratech????

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 05:40 PM
Cris
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Default What happened to Hydratech????

Hydratech is only selling their hydroboost through a dealership network now. You can't even contact the factory anymore. This is a shame since the advice from Paul Clark, the owner, was invaluable. I need to order a system but I'm a little nervous without Paul's advice to insure I have the right parts and to back up any problems.

Check out the note on their homepage: http://www.hydratechbraking.com/
Old 05-07-2008, 05:48 PM
muskegonbrake
Supporting Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Yeah, I know

I know, they moved from Detroit to Tennessee and changed their whole approach. I still get to deal with them though, so if you've got questions for them I might be able to relay.
Old 05-07-2008, 06:34 PM
68/70Vette
Team Owner

Received 546 Likes on 374 Posts

Originally Posted by Cris
Hydratech is only selling their hydroboost through a dealership network now. You can't even contact the factory anymore. /[/url]
Seems like a step backward. Maybe someone else will start selling hydoboost systems. Another party could buy the basic units from GM, have the hoses made, and attend to some mounting details; i.e. a template for extra holes in the firewall (MB systems only had two holes) and also maybe a shim plate.
Old 05-07-2008, 08:04 PM
Cris
Racer

acutler:

I may take you up on your offer. My car uses a Corvette Steering quick ratio (jeep) steering box so the power steering hoses have different routings and fittings. I talked to Paul about a month ago and he knew what I was dealing with and said he could supply hoses for my set-up. All I need is a 5 minute conversation with him to confirm things and then get it on order.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:18 PM
Durango_Boy
Team Owner

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

acutler:

I may take you up on your offer. My car uses a Corvette Steering quick ratio (jeep) steering box so the power steering hoses have different routings and fittings. I talked to Paul about a month ago and he knew what I was dealing with and said he could supply hoses for my set-up. All I need is a 5 minute conversation with him to confirm things and then get it on order.

I've done my fare share of Hydrobooster conversions, and helped a lot of guys install this system. Feel free to contact me if you have any specific questions. I have an information packet I can email to you, and an install guide, based on what your issues are.
Old 05-08-2008, 01:03 PM
Cris
Racer

Durango:

Thanks, I've followed your posts on hydroboosts. Lots of good stuff. I'm trying to get my car back on the road because autocross season has started here in Cali. I built a motor this winter and had the car flared so I'm not looking for any more projects. I was hoping for a plug and play kind of deal, but I may be out of luck with Hydratech.

Cris
Old 05-08-2008, 01:08 PM
Durango_Boy
Team Owner

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I was hoping for a plug and play kind of deal, but I may be out of luck with Hydratech.

Cris

It's really not that bad. You can get a unit ready to go in the car, and then you can order the parts you need to make the lines, and make them yourself. I have the parts list to make your own lines. Basically, you get the unit, make the lines, and it's ready to go in the car.

Just send me your email address if you would like me to send you any information.
Old 05-08-2008, 03:21 PM
68 NJConv 454
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cris,
I am running the hydrotech unit and made my own lines to work with my jeep steering box. The lines were easy to make and I ordered my parts thru summit. I made sure all fittings needed to attach to the hydroboost unit came with the actual unit from hydratech. And I made sure all fittings needed to attach to the jeep box came with that unit from corvettesteering.
Let us know if you have any questions.
Its difficult to preassemble a set of hoses to fit your application without actually measuring and planning based on your specific setup.
Foreinstance, your headers and brake lines...you don't want the fluid hoses for the hydro/jeep box to run close to your headers but it had to get to the power steering pump. You don't want the fluid to overheat especially since yours is a racing application...so your hoses need to be cut longer than most so you can route them furthest from any heat source. Your brake lines also may interfere with your routing of the hoses. All needs to be planned for.

Get the hydro unit and fittings and the hose & AN fittings come from summitracing. Should only take you an hour to measure & assemble the hoses.
Old 05-08-2008, 08:05 PM
corvette744
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Hydratech is only selling their hydroboost through a dealership network now. You can't even contact the factory anymore. This is a shame since the advice from Paul Clark, the owner, was invaluable. I need to order a system but I'm a little nervous without Paul's advice to insure I have the right parts and to back up any problems.

Check out the note on their homepage: http://www.hydratechbraking.com/
I hope the customer service is as good as paul was,he was amazing.Big cam-equals no vacuum.And alot more clearance-and phenominal touch toe braking.I bought the whole system with lines,because i installed the steeroids rack at the same time-very simple install.[IMG][/IMG]
Old 05-09-2008, 01:12 AM
Cris
Racer

OK guys, thanks. Nice to have some people who have been there and done that.

I ordered the Hydratech system from Classic Performance, one of their "distributors". The people at Classic Performance are new to the product, so they were calling Paul to get my order straight. I'm hoping that they have it all sorted out.....I'll let you know how the install goes.

Cris

Get notified of new replies

To What happened to Hydratech????

Quick Reply: What happened to Hydratech????