C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electric to manual choke questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 05:00 PM
Dream Bikes
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Electric to manual choke questions

I have to replace the carburator on my 69'. I actually have a 4160 Holley with electric choke but I don't want electric choke no more, I prefer the manual one.
So, I can buy a new manual 4160, but what I also need to convert the actual sistem (electric) to manual??? Which parts exactly?
Old 06-16-2008, 05:33 PM
thegazman
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default thegazman

You'll need to run a choke cable from inside your car to the choke. Summit Racing sales them...part number Holley 45-228. Some people run without a choke altogether, but I'm not too crazy about that myself.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:39 PM
Dream Bikes
Racer

Thanks
Any suggestions about where to place the control ****?
Is there any plugged hole where I can cross the firewall with the cable housing?
Old 06-16-2008, 08:28 PM
thegazman
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default thegazman

I'm not real familiar with the interior of the 69 Vette. You want the cable to run where there are few kinks and turns as possible for smooth operation. If I was installing a cable I would want it to show as little as possible. I would guess somewhere low on the dash near the ignition switch. I was trying to find something witty in Italian to say, but couldn't find a program that would translate for me.
Ken
Old 06-16-2008, 08:51 PM
Dream Bikes
Racer

Originally Posted by thegazman
I'm not real familiar with the interior of the 69 Vette. You want the cable to run where there are few kinks and turns as possible for smooth operation. If I was installing a cable I would want it to show as little as possible. I would guess somewhere low on the dash near the ignition switch. I was trying to find something witty in Italian to say, but couldn't find a program that would translate for me.
Ken
Thanks Ken, no problem for translating, my written English is very bad, but I understand what you write almost perfectly
Old 06-16-2008, 09:49 PM
Doug70vert
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not sure about your 69, but my 70 has several places to attach the choke switch/**** at the bottom of the dash near the headlight and wiper door override switches. There are predrilled holes in the mounting bracket that work perfectly for a choke switch.
Old 06-16-2008, 10:26 PM
Dream Bikes
Racer

Originally Posted by Doug70vert
I'm not sure about your 69, but my 70 has several places to attach the choke switch/**** at the bottom of the dash near the headlight and wiper door override switches. There are predrilled holes in the mounting bracket that work perfectly for a choke switch.
Thanks
I think that could be a nice solution
And what about crossing the firewall with the cable/housing?
Could I use the clutch plugged hole or it's too much low?

Get notified of new replies

To Electric to manual choke questions

Quick Reply: Electric to manual choke questions