C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

? for the supercharger guys

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 09:04 PM
Billysvette
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default ? for the supercharger guys

How did you guys do your crank case ventilation?How did you do your plumming .What ideas do you have? Bill
Old 06-16-2008, 09:24 PM
Ironcross
Race Director

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

I dont know the engine but there is a crankcase vent in the block by the distributor. Ventilation on supercharged engines should not be anymore necessary than a normally aspirated engine. Alternatives are to place breathers in the valve covers with tubes connected to a remote can I used the frame as part of the system. No oil on the track. .
Old 06-16-2008, 09:24 PM
yellow 72
Le Mans Master

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

I made up a stainless hardline from the base of the rear carb to the PCV valve in the rear of driver side rocker cover and ran a 5/8" hose to a puke tank with a breather on the pass side cover.....

Old 06-16-2008, 09:50 PM
Billysvette
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by yellow 72
I made up a stainless hardline from the base of the rear carb to the PCV valve in the rear of driver side rocker cover and ran a 5/8" hose to a puke tank with a breather on the pass side cover.....

WHY DO YOU HAVE A PUCK TANK?iS IT TO COLLECT THE OIL THAT MIGHT GET SUCKED UP THE TUBE.WHAT I WAS GOING TO DO WAS THE GET A PVC BREATHER AND GUT IT OUT AND RUN A HOSE FROM IT TO THE BACK OF THE CARB.
Old 06-16-2008, 10:04 PM
yellow 72
Le Mans Master

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by Billysvette
WHY DO YOU HAVE A PUCK TANK?iS IT TO COLLECT THE OIL THAT MIGHT GET SUCKED UP THE TUBE.WHAT I WAS GOING TO DO WAS THE GET A PVC BREATHER AND GUT IT OUT AND RUN A HOSE FROM IT TO THE BACK OF THE CARB.
Under boost and no vacuum at the PCV, crankcase pressure can build and blow oil mist out the breather. The puke tank collects the mess.....

Get notified of new replies

To ? for the supercharger guys

Quick Reply: ? for the supercharger guys