C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Throttle Cable Repair Kit??

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 10:19 AM
ArthurMartin
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throttle Cable Repair Kit??

My throttle cable is lose, secondaries are hardly opening... I need to take some slack out of the cable, and i was wondering if there was any sort of kit you can buy that has the female end that connects to the ball on the carburetor?? Mine is permanently attached to the cable, but if I could find a replacement end I have enough slack in the cable to fix it.

I'd like to avoid replacing the whole cable.. Any ideas??
Old 11-03-2008, 10:50 AM
pws69
Melting Slicks

Received 40 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by ArthurMartin
My throttle cable is lose, secondaries are hardly opening... I need to take some slack out of the cable, and i was wondering if there was any sort of kit you can buy that has the female end that connects to the ball on the carburetor?? Mine is permanently attached to the cable, but if I could find a replacement end I have enough slack in the cable to fix it.

I'd like to avoid replacing the whole cable.. Any ideas??
You can put a ty-wrap around the cable where it comes through the Accelerator pedal to take up some of the slack. FIRST, however, check to see if the arm that the cable comes through isn't bent (common problem). There were several threads on this in the past.
Old 11-03-2008, 04:05 PM
...Roger...
Race Director

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by pws69
You can put a ty-wrap around the cable where it comes through the Accelerator pedal to take up some of the slack. FIRST, however, check to see if the arm that the cable comes through isn't bent (common problem). There were several threads on this in the past.
And here is a pic just in case you thought what the heck is he talking about.
trim off the excess ty wrap of course
Old 11-03-2008, 05:21 PM
pws69
Melting Slicks

Received 40 Likes on 30 Posts

Ahh... You were the one! I had your picture in mind but couldn't remember who it was.

Great tip! It will hold you until you can get in and replace the cable!
Old 11-03-2008, 06:47 PM
ArthurMartin
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the tip guys.. Mine seems to have more slack than the ty-wrap will fix. When I take off the female end of the connection from the carb. I can pull about 1 inch of slack out of the throttle cable. I was blown away when I realized this. Just bought the car about 2 weeks ago. I found these (below) and was thinking I could pull out the slack in the cable, cut it and replace with a new connection for the carb...

http://www.pegasusautoracing.com/pro...asp?RecID=5642
Old 11-03-2008, 07:36 PM
...Roger...
Race Director

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts

You can also bend the gas pedal rod that goes up to the cable.I remove the rod and bend it in the vise.

Get notified of new replies

To Throttle Cable Repair Kit??

Quick Reply: Throttle Cable Repair Kit??