C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F.A.S.T. EZ-EFI; is anyone using this yet?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 08:06 PM
7t2vette
The ORIGINAL and bestest
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 234 Likes on 143 Posts
Toronto Events Coordinator

Originally Posted by AGVI
I bought the base kit #30226 and a new fuel tank for my 1980. I spoke to Rock Valley on the phone and sent them pics of the new gas tank just so they could verify if they can supply me with an in tank pump/sump kit like Bruce's (7t2vette).

I have also been in contact with F.A.S.T. themselves and they say that their In-Tank Fuel Pump Retro-Fit Kit (307503T) will cover everything I need for an in tank pump install.

I'm just confused as to how F.A.S.T.'s kit will attach to my gas tank. Will my car choke around hard corners when the tank is low on gas?

Any ideas are appreciated.
I've looked at the new FAST in tank pump kit, and I'm also unsure exactly how they are to be mounted in the tank. Can Rock Valley supply you with what you need?

Old 05-16-2011, 05:07 PM
Curby
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06

Default I didn't use an in-tank pump

I bought the fuel pump that is in the pump and hose kit along with the EZ-EFI kit. This pump is external and mounted right below my fuel tank. It came with an inlet screen and a downstream filter. I used the new line as my supply line and the factory supply line as the system return. I connected the return line to the factory vent connection since it is larger than the factory return line connection. i plugged the vent and use a vented cap.
Old 05-16-2011, 05:16 PM
Curby
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by AGVI
Has anyone else installed this system and have any installation tips or just advice in general?
If you use the fuel lines that come in the kit, boil some water and soak the ends in the water before trying to slide over the fittings and you will save about 4 hours of knuckle busting work. It is much better than using a torch or heat gun like I did.

I pulled the plastic wirelooms off and bought a Painless wireloom kit that stretches to fit the wires. It improved the looks of the system about 500%. It also reduced the size of the wire harness at the fuel injector.

Dropped base air cleaners do not like the fuel rails. I am having to mold a custom air cleaner base to fit the car.

You must have NO exhaust leaks in order for the O2 sensor to control the idle well. My side pipes caused fits with the idle.

I switched to the power wire that feeds my MSD box (it used to go to the coil) to power the computer. The wiper motor power switches of when the key is in the "start" position, and makes the system not want to start.

I mounted the computer behind my egg crate on the driver's side. The blue light freaks people out at night.
Old 05-16-2011, 06:48 PM
AGVI
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Canadian Events Coordinator

Originally Posted by 7t2vette
I've looked at the new FAST in tank pump kit, and I'm also unsure exactly how they are to be mounted in the tank. Can Rock Valley supply you with what you need?

I called them and they wanted photos of my gas tank. I emailed them the photos and am still waiting for a response from them.

He wanted me to ship him my tank just to see if they could provide me with a kit. I was like, 'say what?' I paid Willcox to ship it to me, then I'm going to ship it to Rock Valley and chance them saying their kits won't work with my tank, then they ship it back over to me?

I don't think so.

Bruce, our tanks aren't that different. I don't see why they can't provide me with a kit like yours. The small hole on the left is for my vent line.

Old 05-16-2011, 11:38 PM
RJ80
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just bought the 82 fuel sending unit for my 80 tank and installed a stock in-tank pump. No problems so far.

Last edited by RJ80; 05-16-2011 at 11:48 PM.
Old 05-17-2011, 06:57 PM
AGVI
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Canadian Events Coordinator

I've decided to send my tank to Rock Valley. They can cut, weld and install the fuel pump for me.

Thanks for all the help, sorry for the hijack!

Les
Old 09-12-2011, 03:50 PM
Curby
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06

Default Solved my oscillationg idle issue

It was the O2 sensor.

It finally gave up the ghost two weeks ago. I put in the new one, and the car idles beautifully. The O2 levels are rock solid at idle.

I also increased the initial timing to 18 and put the largest MSD bushing in the distributor and moved the vacuum advance to absolute vacuum instead of the proted vacuum.

I have been struggling with a failing O2 sensor for 18 months.
Old 09-12-2011, 04:06 PM
moonsteel
Holley HP EFI w/TPI
Support Corvetteforum!

Any sort of diagnostics with the EZ-EFI that can tell it was failing?
Old 09-12-2011, 08:29 PM
fauxrs
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Shark Racer
I'm using my necromancy powers to raise this thread - CARB?
Bueller? Bueller? Any news at all on CARB certification? Even "No we gave up on trying to appease the smog ***** - you're fekked" would be news at this point.
Old 09-14-2011, 12:07 AM
Curby
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by moonsteel
Any sort of diagnostics with the EZ-EFI that can tell it was failing?
Nothing other than it was fluctuating a lot. I thought it was because of the cam or an exhaust leak or a vacuum leak. I had no idea that it was bad until I replaced it with a good one.

I drove the car again this afternoon and it is actually easy to drive now. I fell in love all over again with the fuel injection!
Old 09-15-2011, 06:03 PM
Shark Racer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 241 Likes on 200 Posts

Originally Posted by fauxrs
Bueller? Bueller? Any news at all on CARB certification? Even "No we gave up on trying to appease the smog ***** - you're fekked" would be news at this point.
I PM'd the guy who posted it... no luck.

CA ARB is such a f***ed organization...
Old 09-15-2011, 06:21 PM
fauxrs
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Shark Racer
I PM'd the guy who posted it... no luck.

CA ARB is such a f***ed organization...
Word!
Old 10-02-2011, 03:37 PM
gdh
Le Mans Master

Received 86 Likes on 69 Posts

Ok so it has been another season for those of you running this system. Any further comments or issues, Les why are you selling yours.
Old 10-14-2011, 08:15 AM
76 sting
Pro

I just bought the intank fuel pump master kit...not bad for $2090 free shipping too!

Can't wait to get her done!!
Old 10-14-2011, 01:00 PM
TopGunn
Drifting

Originally Posted by 76 sting
I just bought the intank fuel pump master kit...not bad for $2090 free shipping too!

Can't wait to get her done!!
I just looked at their writeup on it; how do you integrate that to a Corvette tank? Is that a pump or something you just drop down inside the tank and let lay on the bottom? I don't get it from the picture they show.
Old 10-14-2011, 04:06 PM
7t2vette
The ORIGINAL and bestest
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by TopGunn
I just looked at their writeup on it; how do you integrate that to a Corvette tank? Is that a pump or something you just drop down inside the tank and let lay on the bottom? I don't get it from the picture they show.

I am curious about it as well. The pic on FAST's web site does not show any mounting hardware.
Old 10-14-2011, 07:05 PM
76 sting
Pro

Originally Posted by 7t2vette

I am curious about it as well. The pic on FAST's web site does not show any mounting hardware.
Ron set it to me, so let me make sure I can send it out.

Basically they give you all the connection elec and plumbing to maker it happen. Very complete kit! I will use the provided clamps to hold it to the intank 3/8 supply line so it doesn't flop around. One end will have a strainer (supply in) like the sender already does and the other end will have a barb fitting with a special rubber hose to connect to the Bulhead that I will install in the tank that will be the new supply line. the 3/8 supply line on the sender will now be used as the new return.

Does that help?

Get notified of new replies

To F.A.S.T. EZ-EFI; is anyone using this yet?

Old 10-14-2011, 07:45 PM
76 sting
Pro

Originally Posted by 76 sting
Ron set it to me, so let me make sure I can send it out.

Basically they give you all the connection elec and plumbing to maker it happen. Very complete kit! I will use the provided clamps to hold it to the intank 3/8 supply line so it doesn't flop around. One end will have a strainer (supply in) like the sender already does and the other end will have a barb fitting with a special rubber hose to connect to the Bulhead that I will install in the tank that will be the new supply line. the 3/8 supply line on the sender will now be used as the new return.

Does that help?

This should be a big help

http://www.cpgnation.com/forum/fast-...etro-5275.html

Last edited by 76 sting; 10-14-2011 at 07:58 PM.
Old 10-14-2011, 08:07 PM
7t2vette
The ORIGINAL and bestest
Support Corvetteforum!

Ahhh okay. You are basically going to strap the fuel pump to the factory fuel inlet pickup tube.
Old 10-14-2011, 08:37 PM
TopGunn
Drifting

Yes, OK I was wondering what held it in place. Thanks!

Quick Reply: F.A.S.T. EZ-EFI; is anyone using this yet?